dude, there isnt anything you can do to help it heal besides stay in bed. Bugger that. Get some morphine (chewable orange flavour if possible) and hit the snow. Just hope it doesnt get worse and jab you in the lung. I wouldnt worry about that until it happens.

YP my torn ligament took around a month and half to heal. Although during this month and half I did go surfing twice and skiing once.

I'm with DB on the pain killers and I also reccomend Shippu when you sleep at night.

My sympathies to you and I hope you don't miss too much sliding.

Wow, cheers yall for the kind words. My embarrassing story: Was leaving a new Irish bar in the city and was so psyched after drinking some Nama Guiness!! Going down the stairs about halfway down the first flight, grabbed the rail with my right hand and jumped over to the other side and must have really tweeked it pretty bad because I could feel it at that second. Pretty dumb, eh? Wish I could say I was in Strawberrys or something, doing a Coke 720 or something other than going down stairs \:o

How can I get some chewable orange morphine Deebee?!!!! Mogski, are those the pads that you can put on your body??

Cheers!

A cracked or broken rib takes up to 6 weeks to heal. It actually takes a fair bit to crack a rib ie: 85kg of snowboarder @ 25kph onto pack ice.

It is more likely that you have tweaked a muscle, which shgould settle down in a few day, but up to a week.

Shippu are those littel white pads that smell like a rugby locker room. You plant them on the sore part and they either heat or cool from the inside out. Great inventions!

hey yuki's pash,

i broke 2 ribs (plus my collar bone) 2 seasons ago. It didn't take very long for them (the ribs, that is) to heal up tho, prolly about a month i remember. don't worry, i don't think u'll be out of action for too long, especially if it's just a fracture.

hey deebs,

doodle...now there's a word i haven't heard in a long time...= )

Hey Yuki, get hold of some Arnica cream ( homeopathic ointment) it heals like nothing else..First 2 nights rub it on where it's sore..plent of it ..and then wrap the area (yourself) with cling wrap..go to sleep and take off in morning ...do it for 2 nights and then just rub ointment in 3 times a day..it will make the injury heal much faster...I dont know if you can get Arnica in Japan so good luck, but if you can it works unreal..

Your bone is that obvious around the office is it then? That's regarded as a lot more rude than blowing your nose, believe me.

I feel a drive to Hakuba and snowboard all day fit coming on. Maybe Friday's the day. Is Cortina all open? If it is, I might like to have a romp in their trees.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yuki's Passion:
Thanks yall - Im hoping that Raury's right about this and its just a muscle. I wanna get in some sick powder!!!
Nope raury is wrong and it is a complicated fracture that requires major life threatening surgery and will put you out of powder raping for sveral months! You must go to the hospital today!!! You cannot go to the mountain at all!!

Because I can't, you can't mad.gif That goes for all of you! mad.gif