game - get enderzero to Japan

Colgate - I wish I could find it!!

Job - expat banker (aka the easy way into Tokyo)

Surf - yeah, my old man was letting me know how good it has been up at Kirra/snapper (my locals away from Sydney). That Soloman cyclone was great for the surf. I miss it, can talk abouut it....

As for jobs - working holiday visas to japan are SIMPLE to get. Really easy. My GF just got one. Took one month, a sucky letter and about $3000 in the bank (you must prove that you saved for it over time, not just credited the account with one lump sum).

'Easy' work in Japan if youy are a chick (on ya back). For blokes, not so 'easy'. Speaking Jap would be a huge advantage if you wanted a 'regular' job (say other than teaching english, which seems to be a very reliable option on its own).

ENDERZERO - what took you so long? welcome to Japan, old chimp.

Woywoy - I don't have a job man. Not too stoked on teaching english so I am just here livin on savings. Haven't figured out what I'll do in 3 months when my visa expires. Anyone successfully taken a visa extension trip to Korea or somewhere? How many times?

As for the working holiday visa...I WISH. It is not available to Americans. Totally sucks.

• 4 months later...

\:D Awesome to go back and read this thread now!! \:D So funny I didn't know any of you guys then and now I have met just about everyone that posted in this thread.

Well, that's it for now. I am headed back to the great Northwest today. I just wanted to give a HUGE thanks to everyone that made my time here so enjoyable and possible. If not for this forum I certainly wouldn't be here today and wouldn't have half the great friends I do. So thanks to everyone I rode with, drank with, chatted with, partied with, and especially lived with. You guys and gals are the best.

From Green Frogs to Tank Commander - barok getting tackled by those patrollers - from that first ride through the park at Niseko at night to db landing that backflip - Eddie's "my bad" - hangin at the park with Dane and Fattwins and a busted up foot - the absolute sickest and most fun lines at Cortina, ever - blue skies and bottomless Nozawa powder - NoFakie's "method man sez, you know my steez" - snow bank acrobatics - zwelgen's cold ass house and warm blankets - partyin at snowbeds - the moment the bag fell down and we all counted how many things fell out - Arai in the rain - barok dropping that cliff to our awe - nekobi's mexican food - the first trip to tokyo and the tattoo - so many bumpin nights out with the crew - so many chill nights with sparkle and some plant life - db's a*life "friends" - Sumo - Izu - Danz's first time sandboarding - fish crates - and the Outta Control party you guys threw me last night. This adventure has FAR exceeded any of my expectations.

BTW - I am not signing off of the forum, just saying good bye to Japan.

...who am I kidding? There is no way I can stay away.

PEACE!

Just another vote of thanks to enderzero. Not only has he contributed a lot to the forum boards, but he has also acted very much like the SJ forum members' social convenor, helping to put together many gatherings and giving a lot of us a chance to meet each other and hang out. Really cool!

Greatly appreciate everything you've done dude! Look forward to seeing you and all the other cool dudes again!

It's nice to hear you had a very good time in Japan!

And your homepage tells us how much fun you had. We are given impression of the country from the people there.

So I'm very glad that you met many nice people!!

I hope I can meet some people here soon.

See ya!! wave.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by db:
I once arrived with 3 surfboards and had to get them trucked to tokyo. It cost y10000.
I send my surfboard coffin ( up to 6 boards) to Nagoya >> Narita and reverse on the way home, because our connecting domestic flights use some crazy small ass twin propellor plane! thus not fitting BIG luggage on.
From nagoya I pay max of 5000Y return the airline pays.
Snow boards are heavier but shouldn't cost ya anywhere what Db payed!

Also bring ya jimmys coz U might not fit the sizes here! lol.gif

Yeah, hope the flight back was good, but it's inappropriate to say "sayonara".

"ja atode ne" might be more fitting since I suspect you'll be back by November (at the latest...). cool.gif

Yo,

I will be out west this winter to check out the mountains, probably stay for a month total, but most of that time will be spent at Whislter or Big White, but I am way eager to check out Stevens & Baker. Glad you made it home aaaiight, and good luck with whatevaaah. . .

cool.gif