• 1 month later...

I saw it up close when Momo and I stayed at the Tokyo Dome Hotel when we saw Bon Jovi in concert at the dome in Jan. It looks like it will be a lot of fun. It seemed complete when we saw it - the maintenance guys were doing what looked like were some minor finishing touches. They're also creating a small indoor water park - I think the coaster goes right through the building if I remember right but either way - lots of fun to be had next time we go down that way for a concert...

roller coasters are cool...

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to Nagashima Spa land in Mie yesterday and rode the current worlds NUMBER 1 out and back rollercoaster. It has FOUR Guiness world records. Highest (97m), highest drop(95), longest (2.5km)and fastest (157kph)in its class. A Cedar Point coaster will surpass it soon but for now its the best!

STEEL DRAGON 2000

is its name and it is fantastic! mind blowing! you really have to see it and ride it to appreciate it!! I rode it 6 times and still want more!

Height.jpg

sdragon10.jpg

mag_011_1.jpg

steel-dragon-200017.jpg

steel-dragon-20003.jpg

Dodonpa is the fastest - but dodonpa has no lift hill and is classified as a different kind of coaster (forgot the name, but you know all that air that builds up and releases you...)