you can get em in that big internatinoal supermarket on the omotesando road in tokyo. i think its called kinokuniya. about 200yen a tin for the mighty heinz (oz import).

i saw them in the big mall in yokohama too. you know, near the big multiplex cinema. theres a small supermarket in there.

Yes Kinokuniya does stock them, but rarely have seen them just stock the plain old traditional baked beans. Why the sausages or the pork fat or the whatever else it is!!!

Can't a guy just get a can of plain odl baked beans!

BTW, my baked beans cost me NZ$330! (Got stung with excess baggage on anal ANZ mad.gif ! - Flight to Japan was empty mad.gif !! Photos to prove it :p )

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quote:
Anyone know where to actually buy any here in Tokyo?
:rolleyes:

Quote:
Ones that don't charge 5 billion yen for the pleasure?
:rolleyes:

Sometimes I despair too. Reading other posts often helps.

Quote:
You can order baked beans directly from Heinz. 1 tray of 12 cans will cost you about 45 quid, or 8,500 yen, of which 41 quid is the cost of the transportation.
So once more boys and girls, anyone know somewhere in Tokyo that sells baked beans cheaply?

\:D

the cheapest way to do it is buy em for 200 yen if you can find them!

Or when you go home get a box of em and send them over separately as unaccompanied baggage. if you send them a week before you come back they will be waiting to be picked up at the airport on your return to japan!

i'm from the US and i only eat baked beans with hot dogs. i do like them though. do yall add stuff to it when you cook them? i always put in ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, onions, maple syrup, and brown sugar.

bobby, it might be worth asking a decent sized department store in Matsumoto if they would try carrying them. Shops do sometimes respond to requests like that. I'd buy them at 200 yen or thereabouts. But I doubt I'd bother mixing them with ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, onions, maple syrup, and brown sugar though... ;\)

You could always try here if you don't live in Tokyo.

On the topic of baked beans, I am not too partial to people who suceed to burn them mad.gif It isn't really that hard to cook them!