Rant - increased security threat things

Here's just a short list of the lesser known low-points of american foreign-policy (including the good old days when the CIA just assasinated any foreign leader they wanted do):

http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/library/wonderful/index.php

here's another link from that site to an article with references to declassified documents, about how the US govt knew that the bombing in iraq + embargos/sanctions would cause the deaths of thousands of civilians:

http://www.progressive.org/0801issue/nagy0901.html

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Lai on American soil? Come on now, OC - surely you don't really think that's what most Americans think about My Lai? I was beginning to think you were an intellectual. \:D

Occasionally, I do wonder what it would have been like to have grown up as the citizen of another country. My children have a step up on me - having been raised in America, Portugal, and Japan. They seemed to have turned out pretty good but that might be arrogant thinking on my part. ;\)

This subject has been beaten to death so I'll leave it alone until something actually happens, whatever that something might be...

No, I doubt they think of My Lai much at all. My point was that American 'historical' movies recast these events as atrocities against Americans when no such thing ever happened. And as Americans don't know any different, many may believe it.

The thing that I can't quite understand is this. The US seems to be saying now that anyone who does not agree with them is wrong and anti-American. How can that be? It may be the case, but the fact that someone disagrees doesn't mean to say they are anti- or evil or whatever. What happended to freedom of thought and freedome of speech?

And then the argument "well we liberated everyone XXX years ago" comes up. What the f?

I need someone to explain it to me. Or am I missing something here?

I thought it was a joke, but it seem like its true - some US govenor or something wants to rename French Fries to Freedom Fries.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can you BELIEVE THAT!?!?!?!?!?! Beyond words.