G'Day Everyone,

With the other thread going on at the moment i thought i would see if any other countries are having protests etc

This Sunday there are protests planned in every (i think) major city in Australia at 12pm. It is expected to be the biggest protest to date.

Personally i think it is too late, and i think the organisers know this too as they put on the flyers something like - "when war breaks out, 5pm on the day". ie - saying that when war breaks out there will be a protest at 5pm on that day.

Anyway i was wondering if any other countries are having protests etc??

i went to one in matsumoto on january 18th- it coincided with marches in the US. there were about 50 people walking thru the streets and we had a megaphone (or bullhorn or whatever it's called) to say things. but most people spoke in japanese, so i don't know what was said.

yes, a greater than 50% chance. just gut feel, no other reason. However I think it will "only" be a small tactical type, not an ICBM. I think that some countries are very close to creating "conventional" small missiles that use nuclear energy in the detonation, just to get that little bit of extra bang but without the otherwise required weight and size.

In spite of Americas threat to use nukes to retaliate for another country using a WMD first, I don't think they will unless the target is a US city AND we know for a fact the WMD was state sponsored. Even then, I doubt the US would use them. BUT, 9-11 was horrific and it was only 2 buildings. Imagine a terrorist setting off a nuke in a major world city? Something I try not to think about but my daughter lives a few miles outside Dallas...

How many here have been to the dome and museum in Hiroshima? Very humbling. If we're going to debate whether it should have been done though, it needs to be in another thread as this one is all about peace (or should be anyway...)