Which English news channel?

If you want "world" news then BBC, absolutely. If you want some Bush Propaganda from the American Perspective then FOX is the one for this followed by CNN.

Fox is the epitomy of overdramatic news

You mean the BBC doesn't slant their news towards the UK and/or what gets viewers to watch? I'm gonna have to get sky perfect then, just so I can watch some unbiased news for the first time in my 42 year old life.

I mostly watch CNN cause I too am tired of listening to FOX. Not that because WHAT they have to say sucks, but HOW they say it has gotten very old - almost tabloid like...

:rolleyes:

Pretty much so.

I'm from the UK and BBC World frustrates me for HARDLY EVER covering UK news. It is by far the most "international" of the choice out there.

I've said it before, but I watch Fox News a lot and it really bugs me - and it is getting worse almost by the day with the rhetoric - but I find it compulsive viewing.

how does one get these new fangled channels? A Paytv service of some sort I assume. Is it expensive or a hassle?

I dont watch much telly, but I am becoming tired of one english movie every week (thursday night)

BBC world is the least biased. I think most of the news is just that - world news. The problems in Israel, Floods in Europe, West Africa, famine in Africa, Indonesia, Iraq, Nth Korea etc etc etc there isnt that much on the UK itself unless its huge news.

for example when there were live feeds to the shuttle inquiry updates CNN stayed with it for ages but BBC got the juice then cut to another new story rather than continue with every little detail from the shuttle etc

BBC World just seems to be more balanced and varied they dont seem to have any hidden agendas they will report both sides of the story.

British Journalism is like that historically, they report what they like and often to the embarrasment of many poeple and to their own injury with libel cases etc.

For internal US News the of course CNN is what you want, but for WOrld News then BBC is better

Here is an interesting clip of Fox.

www.whatreallyhappened.com/Glick_56.wmv

The younger guy is a professor at Rutgers whose father was killed on 9/11. The older guy is a presenter on Fox TV - the "No Spin Zone".

On the subject of spin, you can see a great documentary about it here. Its a huge download, but its worth it.

http://www.illegal-art.org/video/popups/spin.html

Very sophisticated debating style that;

'Shut up! SHADDUP!'

'If I'da known he had different opinions from me, I'd never have invited the sonofabitch on this show!'

'Well frankly, I'm shocked that you're surprised that I'm shocked.'

Amazing isn't he, Mr O Reilly?!

You should watch him sometimes - have Fox News O11?

If he were a Mr Men, among others he would be Mr Smarmy.

I got the link in a message from my brother who lives in Scotland. It must be doing the rounds among his friends. I don't read that website, and thankfully I don't get Fox.

I get CNN, but if you watch that Spin documentary, you may understand why I don't pay much attention to it, esp. not Larry King.