• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, if we're talking Yen here:

1 week at Karuizawa during Christmas with gf and sunrise: about 400000. (sunrise paid for her own shinkansen)

9-day trip to La Plagne, France during the Chinese New Year (without gf): about 210000.

1 week trip to Kiroro this Easter with gf: expect about 330000.

Should be under 1 mil. this year.

Markie - if I understand correctly..... I really feel sorry for your girlfriend. Does she know about your Japanese wife thing?? (Sorry if I have misunderstood)

Oh, lin, you are right to feel sorry for my girlfriend. Everybody does and noboby understands why she can still stand me!

Yes she knows, everyone knows. It's blatantly obvious. Ask any of the forum members who have met me. Or if you are really in HK, ask your friends if they know someone in HK who is crazy about Japan and must have a Japanese wife...that's me!

So whats the deal? Is she just a fool? Or possibly screwing around and using you as well?

I'm in HK, and I'm not sure you're that famous Markie ;\)

Much, much less than last year. Last year around 1.5 million.

This year:

Overnight trips: 60,000

New helmet: 10,000

Pants: 30,000

goggles and stuff: 20,000

lift tickets, etc. 65,000

gas: 30,000

Highway cards: 30,000

After Gassan this May/June about 250,000 YEN

Well I'll put some numbers in I guess

20 days Hokkaido with food/beer was 250,000

Skis 85000

New Avy gear 25,000

Pants 10,000

BC trip 125,000

20 days at 4000 per day = 80,000

New Backpack 20,000

So just under 600,000 eek.gif eek.gif

Looks like lin, is upset by something and is trying to get malicious. I wonder why?

What's your brother's name? I'll have to hook up with him. Just ask him to ask any of the staff if they know a Markie.

Thats him.

There was an article about theose revolving ski machine thingies in the NZ ski instructor mag. Apparantly there are lots of them in Holland too. It said they have some value but you dont get a sense of speed or real skiing type forces though.

Yeah, there's definitely value in those things as they can enable a good instructor to pick out your faults quickly and easily since he is just standing there and looking at you instead of having to ski with you. Then you can watch yourself in the big mirror and see your own mistakes and work on them.

However, there are many things they can do and can't give you the feel for. Speed is one, powder is another, moguls...the list continues. Anyway, with no other choice in HK, that's as close as it gets, and it is quite fun busy pretty expensive though.