now theres a topic!

this is an item which is both yummy and grows on trees. i always feel empowered after a successful hunt in the wild when i have managed to successfully aquire some immediately edible item. gives me a sense of connection with the primate in me.

anyways, this eve, after some effort, i managed to devour something which looked pretty much like a grapefruit but cost more. so far as i know this fruit has no name. refreshing tart taste. another fine gift from nature.

who's got a good fruit story?

mmm.... fruit... i must say that mangos are my fave!! yummy, in fact i just had mango and icecream... \:\)

watermelon shakes (from thailand) are to die for they are the best...

i used to love picking mulberries from the tree at the back of my house with my dad on a sunday arvo and then making a mulberry pie out of them for dessert after a roast! YUM!! but the tree isnt producing as much any more... i also destroyed lots of clothes with the stain of them...! and you would have purple fingers for days!

but it was fun! \:D \:D

awright, i got a fruit story... so there was a rock melon who liked to rock to rock. one day he was rockin down the street havin a bit of a rock listening to rock (on his ipod) when he met some grapes. the grapes said (together) "so Rock, u like to rock to rock? i know a rock where u can rock! lets rock" so they rocked down to the rock and the rock melon saw a good spot to rock to his rock and he climbed up the rock and began to rock. but then he fell off and smashed on a rock. "rockin!" exclaimed the grapes.

who would have guessed the grapes were evil?!?

grapes are my favourite fruit.

did i spell rock right?

Quote:
Originally posted by s_f_g / sam:

i used to love picking mulberries from the tree at the back of my house with my dad on a sunday arvo and then making a mulberry pie out of them for dessert after a roast! YUM!! but the tree isnt producing as much any more... i also destroyed lots of clothes with the stain of them...! and you would have purple fingers for days!
but it was fun! \:D \:D
we had a mulberry tree at school and we used to pick them. some lovely stains on all our white school shirts.

zooki - you just damaged my brain.

I have a story about the little green star on the top of an orange (where the stem was attached). I can't tell it here. I think I told Danz about it.

Good fruit dish:

1) fresh figs, cut in half. Very light caremelised (sp?) sugar and clotted cream on top.

2) apples and oranges sliced at right angles to the core. Lay on a plate and pour brandy and brown sugar all over it.

3) on a south pacific island with my GF, walking in the jungle and picking star fruit, bananas, mango, coconut, paw paw and sugar cane. All growing wild.

did someone say brown sugar??

right throw some in a fry pan, caramalise (sp?) it good and proper.

then throw in a couple of mango fillets, freshly picked still flippin around, and give em a good fryin till they're nicely warm.

then eat with fingers.

try to miss your mouth a couple of times so it gets on your cheeks.

mmmmm. cool.gif

ender, you'll be at it forever if you get started on that. Looks like mogs is having some trouble with 'plagiarize' on another thread.

Persimmons are good when they're right, which is not often. Putting a slice of 'shibugaki' into one's mouth is a uniquely unpleasant oral experience - all the moisture from the first two layers of cells in your mouth gets sucked out, giving said cells an instantaneous hangover. Haha, you don't believe that's possible? - Try eating one of the pointy persimmons.

Quote:
Originally posted by db:
a.nism - have you tried durian? not sure on the spelling. singapores horrid stinky fruit that is banned from public transport.
i have not tried durian. the smell alone could scare you away for life. it smells absolutley vile. Singaporeans have struggled to find a single description for the fruit's smell but i reckon an unflushed toilet fits quite nicely. and im not kidding its effing disgusting.

and yes, its banned from everywhere.

nodurian.gif

I've had it. When you eat durian, your shit smells of durian too, so one can honestly say that 'Durian smells like shit, and shit smells like durian'. You can actually smell a durian stall before you see it. They are available in quality fruit stores in Japan, and cost more than a square water melon. Dozo.

i think the smell is over hated. sure its potent and the strength is off putting, but not inherently bad. i know plenty of people that dig durians. we bought 3 for S$25 in singapore, and while i opted out after a couple of segments due to the unpleasant mixture of strong smell and paste-like texture my two asian companions finished the rest!! and a durian aint no small fruit. maybe the vegemite of SE Asia