Zoos = should be added to Axis of Evil?

I went to some safari park in Gunma recently, and they had like a zoo section and they had this tiger locked up in a cage smaller than my bedroom. He was walking up and down the room like he was out of his mind. Made me angry.

How are zoos generally in Japan - this really made me sad and very angry.

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

its pretty bad in japan i hear. my brother saw a performing monkey somewhere in tokyo, which i think wouldve made me cry if i had seen it. im quite the softie. it kills me to go to japanese pet stores aswell because all the animals look like they are going insane because the cages are way small.

it was pretty ironic because when i went to a orangutan conservation centre in borneo they had sunbears in cages 1.5m by 1m but were trying to promote the welfare of orangutans. animalism!

singapore is pretty good with its zoo's though. the night safari in sg is really good and all the animals arent stuck behind steel bars, they have made it as if its a real safari.

Zooz in Japan? In general,

"Think 19th. century, Think Japan."

"Abominations" would not be an emotional over-reaction, from my personal experience of such places. Adding to these the list of innumerable divey pet shops,aquariums, "farm animals on show", etc, and a picture of degradation reveals it's ugly self. Sadly it's an indictment of a general national compliancy here.

"Oh, but we Japanese love animals - look how we've taken up the cause of Tama-chan"

I'm gonna spew (vomit) mad.gif

mmm... the zoos in Australia are pretty good, no small cages all in big sections of the park all the animals have had their homes made up off their natural habitats so its good here.

When i was in Singapore we went to this massive bird park it was Awsome! i dont know what it was called but i dont remmeber the birds being in cages at all! (mmm... i was only 9 - im sure they would have been or they would have flown away!)

Y arent animal rights big in asian countrys? in australia there are mega fines if your caught abusing an animal (in any way, lack of food, not giving them enough space to live, etc...)

Adventure world in Shirahama - Wakayama pref' has a huge zoo and its sad, two polar bears in a concrete pit with people peering from above, their coats are greenish and one was walking from the food door to the other end of the pit continously banging his head on the wall...really sad.

Otters and seals in tiny tanks going insane. Penguins again in a concrete pit. After that place I am off zoos totally it was sad, What heinous crime did these poor animals committ to get put in such a tortous prison??

I heard Tennoji Zoo in Osaka is worse, An Orangutan in tiny cage looking for some means to commit suicide......

Quote:
Originally posted by s_f_g / sam:

When i was in Singapore we went to this massive bird park it was Awsome! i dont know what it was called but i dont remmeber the birds being in cages at all! (mmm... i was only 9 - im sure they would have been or they would have flown away!)

jurong bird park. i despise the place. sure the birds arent held in captivity but that gives me truck load more reasons to be scared of the place.
birds. are. rank.
 Quote:
jurong bird park.
very cool place... i liked it, but i dont mind birds i didnt get shat on so it was even better. i do remember having my photo taken with my sister and they tell u to put ur arms out and they put birds all over you that was SOO scary! these parrots were huge! crazy!