Do all your Japanese friends use the internet as much as you do? Some of my friends aren't all that interested yet, and even the ones who do don't seem to use it so much.

from my very limited ventures into japanese 'domestic' sites, they appear to be a tangled mess and not nearlly as interactive as other web sites. Perhaps it is the language barrier.

urls in japan also seem tobe rather tangled. What ever happened to XYZ.com? nice and simple

no, the US were hogging the .comage, but others complained, and now the .com tag is open to all regardless of nation. u can now choose netween .com or .co.jp or .com.au etc. for example channel 4 in england is .com now not .co.uk

I heard a couple of years back that to have a .co.jp site, you had to be an incorporated firm in Japan and had to go to the expense of hosting the site on servers in Japan. This may have changed since then however.

Most Japanese websites are godawful to look at and navigate through. They look like an animated telephone directory without the A-Z organization. There's none of the classic (vanishing?) Japanese design sense incorporated into any of them.