What gets your vote as "most overused Japanese"!

My vote goes for Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu.

I write this while listening to 3 different candidates in the local election ride round waving in their while gloves and shouting it time and time again on their loud-speakers (at great volumes).

Why do they all come out at EXACTLY the same time????

• 5 months later...

I reckon the constant "shitsureis", either "shimasu" or "shimashita", are enough to drive anyone mad working in an office with people coming in and out all day. Of course the "osaki nis" and the "otsukares" give me the shits as well. I am not tired and I don't care if you leave before me. mad.gif

Heheheh, I feel yo' pain woywoy. But it's far worse if it's 'translated' into English. I once 'team taught' with a teacher who believed there was complete equivalency between Japanese and English.

After every goddamn lesson he would turn to me and say "Are you tayad Mr.11?" or "You must be vey tayad!" I had no idea at first what he was on about, and why he thought I must be such a weakling. Then I realized that what he really wanted to say was "Thank you for teaching this whole lesson on my behalf. I know I'm a millstone around your neck!"

(He also had the annoying habit of turning to say this cockeyed Jinglish just as we were both walking through the classroom door, so that we would get wedged in there good and proper, to the vast amusement of the otherwise stupefied kids.)

Our landlords wife is one of these older Japanese who uses the polite words constantly and repetitively over and over and over again. You get knackered just listening to her. Bowing and saying arigato and all that about 20 times when once will suffice.

I'm tired just thinking about it.