If you could have one super power........

x-ray vision would be fun for a bit, come to think of it, invisibilty would come in handy \:D , but id have to go with flying.

i would gladly surrender my humanity to be a whale or dolphin, or even a monkey, with their agility in the trees. walking is clumsy and slow. (maybe if we could snowboard everywhere \:\) )i dont think id want to be as stupid as a bird.

but having a super power would see away the need of having to change species.

OMG not this topic! This is a fav of my friends usually sitting round drinking or on a road trip. We call it "would you rather..." and to date the toughest ones have been

would you rather have the power to make yourself invisible or be able to fly?

would you rather have super hearing or super sight(and the ability to turn it on and off at will)?

would you rather have super strength or be able to run super fast?

would you rather have an extra arm or an extra eye? (then were would you put the eye)

...etc. I still cant decide on the invisible/fly one, Id prefer super hearing and would rather have an extra arm and super strength.

I love "Would you rathers"! Heaps of fun!!

I would rather have be able to fly, super sight (tough one though!), super strength and an extra arm. Having an extra arm would look pretty odd though. I was going going to have an extra eye it would be on the end of one of my fingers. But it would have to have thick eye lids and be closed a lot of the time.

u guys arent taking this seriously mad.gif

if u had an extra arm what would u do with all your tshirts? and where would u put it when sleeping? i find i already have one too many arms when i sleep, especially on the couch. now stop being silly and give some serious thoughts to your superpowers.

The slight clothing hassle that having an extra arm is far far exceeded by its many uses.

ok heres another one

would you rather have an extra arm or a tail?

Im thinking tail, you could rest on it, surprise people with it, grab things with it, hold things with it,and hey, I am a girl afterall... ;\)

Thats easy mikazooki, you just buy yourself a hacksaw and some serious super glue. Then you just saw it off when needs be, then slap on some superglue and PRESTO!!

And yes, give some serious thought to your super powers people! It's all zwelly's fault, she hijacked my thread with her "would you rathers". ;\) :p

Dear snowboard_freak

I humbly appolgise for hijacking your thread. That was selfish and rude of me and I will go home and think seriously about my actions and how they affect others. Please accept my sincere appoligies.

regards

Zwelgen

... so back on track

I want to be like storm in the X-men and be able to fly and command the weather. Yeah I want to be Storm

Apology accepted! \:D

I only just saw your other post, just sneaked in before my previous one. I should be keeping this tread on topic but you can resist the question of having either a tail or an extra arm. Depends on what kind of tail. SO many different types - kangaroo like ones that are big and powerful but lack any gripping ability due to their size, or ring tail possum type ones that can grip stuff very well, but lack power. Hmmmm........ a tail would be fun.

But back on topic.....

controlling weather would be very handy. You'd be gauranteed to get freshies everyday!!

yeah, if i could fly, id like, pretend i couldnt, and then like bust these amazing airs, and everyone would be like whoa that dude is amazing personified......

ok back up ladies theres

only one me but theres

enough to go round........

think.gif

yeah. \:D i could dig that.

Flying is nearly as good as invisibility anyway, especially if you can do it without any obvious flapping movement. If it includes simple levitation, then you could just hover behind people's heads thus being nearly invisible to them.

However, just popping up the hill to the shop for an invisible person is as much of a chore as for a visible person. Whereas flyers are laughing.

Come on, guys. X-ray vision? Ever seen an x-ray? You want to see skeletons?

I think the ability to fly would be my choice, but it was a tough call.

For a long time, I thought the ability to defecate in big wads of the local currency would be enough for me.

Say a minimum of about US$5000 per stool, at the current LIBOR rate, adjusted for inflation of course to 2003 dollars.

I drop one almost every day, say 5-6 per week, so even if constipated that works out to $100,000 per week, or $1.2 million per year.

Keep in mind a lot of this would be tax-free too because I don't think a tax inspector has been born yet that would dare to look as far as my just-used toilet for undeclared income.

My legal argument if caught? "Your Honor, this is not 'income', it is 'outcome', as in excreta...therefore not taxable."

BM - you've obviously thought about this topic before! Having large wads of cash could be handy, but clicking your fingers would be easier than going through the toilet. But then you have the tax man to deal with. But if you have and endless supply by clicking your fingers or something i dont think your really going to care about the tax man! \:D

Zwelgen - i was watching the X Files last night and there was guy who had a third eye in the middle of his forehead. Not a good look. I still think i'd have mine at the end of one of my fingers.

\:\)

Awesome thread man - but I got you all beat!

Better than flying, better than invisibility, even better than shitting money - the power of teleportation!

You could just think and go anywhere you wanted. Money wouldn't ever be a problem - in and out of the bank vault. You could use it for anything you could use invisibility for. And best of all - you could use it fast for flight - or just to go wherever you wanted in the world. Oh yeah, forget chair lifts, forget helicopters, hell, even forget avalanches! It doesn't get any better than this.

I have thought about this a lot and the only downside I can think of is you might get fat. No real way to teleport your way to fitness.

Zwelgen - I love playing the would you rather game - but we usually make it negative "if you had to choose one would you rather..."

...be blind, or smell so bad that no one in the world (that could smell) could stand to be near you for more than 2 minutes.

Teleportation aye..... i like i like!

Sounds very nice indeed. Yeah, the only downside i can see is the fitness thing. Also, you might get lonely if none of your friends or loved ones could teleport as well. Going on holidays might not be as fun. But i guess you could always teleport back, but then theres no way to experience with you.

But teleportation would be sweet!

\:D