If you touch a person (that you you know) with your finger but only actually making contact with your fingernail, that is ok. Even if they know that they were being touched by the fingernail.

But

If you cut that fingernail of and touch the same person with the little curved end of fingernail that has been clipped off, they think it is disgusting.

Why does a finger nail become gross only when it is removed from the finger?

You're a bit of an obsessive when it comes to hygiene issues aren't you? That's maybe a question for your analyst.

One might ask a similar question about snot, or even... well I won't go on.

It must be an association between extraneousness on the one hand, and pollution and death on the other.

While we are not troubled by being attached to and in contact with our hair, nails, snot, excrement, urine and semen when we are intimately so, we don't very much like it when there has been a 'separation event'. This 'separation event' can be seen as equivalent to death, commonly regarded as a source of pollution.

So while we may be tempted to reach out and stroke the raven hair of some beauty on the train, we wouldn't be quite so keen to stroke her hair if we found it stuck to the inside of our bath (even if we were lucky enough to find one there).

Alright, I probably didn't need that second can of beer with my dinner...

Mr. Eleven is right about the psychological importance of separation events, but it is not so much the thought of the event itself, but the actual separated material, that gives us the

willys. Or is that Willies ?

Some ancient humans learned quickly that released or dead human material houses a cornucopia of disease causing agents. If you drink the water downstream, you will get sick. Some other ancient humans didn`t learn this information, so they died.

The result of generations of trial, error and learning gave rise to memes - I think the definition of a meme is a hardwired psychological behavior pattern (fear or abhorrance of something for example), but I could be wrong.

In any case, some people manifest a much stronger fear or phobia of hair, fingernails, urine, etc. while they are still attached to the body - but such behavior is easily diagnosed as obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I am afraid of my own hands, they just get so dirty. \:\( \:\( \:\(

i've often (well maybe not often, but sporadically) wondered - if a place such as heaven existed would you be able to say,

right, uh, mr god dude, do u think, uh maybe,u could show all the fingernail clippings i ever made when i was alive? or some of the other things i suffered traumatic separation events from?

and if that was possible i'd like next to see the biggest blue whale that ever lived. then the biggest dinosaur. and i wanna see a giant squid, and one of those huge prehistoric dragonflies.

then i'd wanna see all the custard that had ever been present in the history of the earth.

this is how i imagine one would spend eternity.

cool \:D

Barok - your well thought out explanation of our human nature to fear matter that has been detached is actually just a ruse to justify your obsessive compulsive behavior as advanced human evolution, eh? \:D

Mikazooki i have often thought i would like to see my 'Life Stats'. It could include stuff like how many km's you have walked, how many words you have said, how many people you have meet, how many hours spent boarding, total amount of money earned etc etc

I reckon it would interesting to sit down with a volume of your stats and compare then to other people.

I was once pondering if a person could fill an olympic swimming pool with a lifetime of wee. It was a long boring car trip and after a lot of mental maths I decided that one could do it if they drank a lot. My GF then turns to me and says nothing else other than:

"you didn't take into accoun evaporation".

smart bitch.

talking of car trips and wee, i have a friend (who is now a banker) who would minimise travel time (out of valuable mission time) by weeing in a bottle whilst driving. thats consideration for your mates.

ive tried weeing out a window at 100km/h, but its pretty hard to get started... gotta slow down a bit first \:D

(maybe the forum is the wrong place to air some of these memories...im really quite grown up now, honest)

• 3 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by db:
I was once pondering if a person could fill an olympic swimming pool with a lifetime of wee. It was a long boring car trip and after a lot of mental maths I decided that one could do it if they drank a lot.
I have a septic tank toilet and as I live alone about once a year I call the dude and he comes in his truck to suck the shit etc away. Now theres not a lot of water that goes down my toilet and although I have a lot of guests I dont think it significantly changes the stats but who wants to wager how much was sucked out last year?

go on have a guess

just over 1000 litres of muck.

And thats only what I did at home!

Yeah you could easily fill a swimming pool, esp if it had a lid on (to prevent evap)

and its time to call the dude again! I wonder how much will be this year hmmmm

I wonder how honest these honey truck drivers are. How would you know if they were cheating? Is it something anybody's going to contest, out in the street with that stink all around?

"Hey, no way did I do 1000 liters! You're trying to rip me off! Let's open this thing up and measure it again!"

Thanks freaky, yeah it was a great trip, went with Nekobi and another mate and am feeling maxed out and relaxed. And not one of us got sick or the shits (just to continue the thread).

As for O11, the difference in price between 1000L and 800L is only about 2000 yen, well worth staying inside for.