I was in seattle a few weeks ago and caught Mariners v. Yankees, or Ichiro v. Matsui...

I swear to god I felt like I was in Japan...

danz

Been to many in the states but not yet here. I heard that the home team in Japan won't display anything on the big screens when the visiting team is at bat..and that the music stops...everything fun until the home team is back up to bat. TRUE??? A Nagoya guy told me this. Sound pretty lame to me!

Danz, you've lived my (Japanese) mother in laws dream!! Ichiro And Matsui! She's a fanatic clap.gif

Better than watching the games on TV. Its 2 out bottom of the ninth runners on the corners and one strike on the batter. AH sumimasen do to the fact of a tight TV schedule we will now be showing a drama. Stay tuned to the news at 10. Dome Arigato gozaimashita".

My father in law is a Hanshin man so that pretty much makes me a Hanshin fan too \:D I went to Koshien for a game. What a fantastic atmosphere. Hanshin fans rival any fans of any sport for fanatacism...they are bonkers

fattwins,

be carefull about being anti ANYTHING around here...However, I am 'particularly unfavorable' towards the Giants myself. They seem to have a better racket going than Microsoft!!!

Yup, I am also not a big fan of the Giants to say the least. And the way Japanese TV always end ball games ever so abruptly really pisses me off. Why do we have to pay extra money(to Sky Perfect)just to see the conclusion?! mad.gif It's times like this I really feel Japan is overrun by them mindless OLs...we'd better give 'em their trendy drama otherwise there'll be rioting!

Had the opportunity to catch a game at Bank One Ballpark in Pheonix this past weekend. I hadn't taken in a MLB game in about 2 years so that was really nice. Schilling got roughed up but still managed to rack up something like 11Ks over 7 innings(and I got a free 44oz from Circle K out of it). The stadium and the atmosphere were nice but did the food have to be so darn expensive?! They really encourage you to let the servers bring you the food(no concession stand was in sight)so they could tag on a 19% service charge! \:\(

I've gone to see a Nippon Ham Fighters' home game(@ Tokyo Dome)in late summer every year for FREE for the last 4 years. The team holds a special event(used to be called "Yankee Day" but from this season their relationship was terminated)and gives out free tix to foreigners residing in Japan. You can get more info on how to get the tix from the sports section in The Japan Times sometime in August(look for an article called "Baseball Bullet In"). Hope this will help. \:\) The Hams will relocate to Sapporo from next season so maybe this will be the last chance for Tokyo area ex-pats to enjoy a game free of charge...too bad I won't be around.

The Nippon ham really need to move to Sapporo. They have no real fan base in Tokyo the market is saturated. Chiba, Swallows, Giants, Baystars and the ham. 5 teams within 2 hours of each other is a bit much.

Hanshin all the way hold on now. Remember the summer high school baseball tournment is coming. That means that Hanshin will have to spend 3 weeks on the road. your looking at about 20 striaght away games. That could put a big dent in the lead. In fact its usally at that time when Hanshin starts to go down a bit.

C'mon now Fattwins, why do you have to sound so negative?! Better be careful what you say or Kantoku(manager) Hoshino will smack ya in the face w/ his spikes! ;\) Down with the Giants! Kiyohara's playing days are nearly over, Eto's production has peaked, hitters are finally catching up to Uehara's stuff and CL pitchers will have that sophomore Abe figured out soon enough(who in case you haven't noticed has developed some kind of attitude...that chipmunk looking punk).

I 100% agree but the field has and always will be tilted in the giants favour. They shut the bay stars out of a great move towards part ownership with a TV station i think fuji last year for reasons that were strange. I am anti giants but the season doesnt start untill the last month.

Yeah, I guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed. Whenever the Kyojins are mentioned I immediately think of NY Yankees...both clubs are just bullies! You know, now that I'm back home it's really sweet when I turn on my TV I can get up to 5 MLB games at the same time!! \:D And the best part is you know it doesn't matter how many innings they've played they won't switch the game off for some sit-com or variety show. But tell ya the truth I'm starting to miss my Ucchi and her Suporuto already(I was a faithful viewer)! " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Now Im pissed. I was watchin the giants vs tigers game and they cut the game in the bottom of the 10th with a runner in a game winning position. Then I see on the news that the tigers one the game in the same inning. bullllllshiiiittt TV.

The pitcher had a perfect game running into the 7th I think. How are you suposed to keep the fans happy. The only teams that sell out all the time are the tigers and giants. Japanese baseball needs a kick in the ass. If the league cared about its Tv coverage they would demand a fully televised game, No?