Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
Don't let YOUR money work for somebody else.
Unless you invest your money in your own company, your money is always working for someone else!

Optimum return comes with marrying your capital with your abilities. As this gets separated, so does the rate of return (discounting luck, of course). Banks have to be at the completely separated end ofthe spectrum, which, I can see, if you earn a good hourly wage, would be the most cost effective way to go.

I disagree with db on bank accounts over mutual funds or the like, though. What another person makes off your investment is irrelevant, the return you get is all that counts. The average (long term) return for a good mutual fund or similar is above 4.75%. People wouldn't have them linked to mortgage repayment and the like for long term investment if they could get better returns on bank interest rates.

Savings account people: notify me (us) of your new found riches in a year please. I would love to hear about the 10 yen in interest income you have to pay taxes on..... lol.gif

My 25% will be kept a secret...until I sell.....

I knew you couldn't stay away db...I like your posts. I don't doubt your acumen or abitlity to invest.. I just think you settle for small returns in return for low risk?? Maybe not!! I don't know you. Maybe you got a bunch tide up in some risky venture??? \:\) Really doesn't matter...What do you think of B. Grahams line of thinking??

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
My 25% will be kept a secret...until I sell.....

What do you think of B. Grahams line of thinking??
Kintaro:

at 25%pa compound you should stick away $100k today. Be a million dollar man in 10.5 years, after which stage you will never have to work again as you can earn $186,000 pre tax from your 25% pa. ;\) . Wow, it is so easy to be rich-ish. :p

As for B. Graham, sorry, not heard of him. What hedge fund does he manage?

db- stuck it away a year ago. Ben Graham was a financier//economist/author....guru to Mike Milken and Warren Buffet. Both hero's of my childhood...Call me 'hen' \:\)