The Wimbledon (& Tim Henman) Thread

Ok so I think its Henmans year this year. Come on my son!

I dont watch much japanese tv, so can anyone tell me if its on regular japanese tv and if so when? specifically, can I watch Henman play in his tuesday (GMT) game?

ive been watching most of the games in the wee hours on NHK1 (but it think thats satelite)

tonight theyre showing games from 10-3:50.

they also have one game i think on NHK General starting at 1:10.

its basically hit and hope. im not sure who they are showing. but you might want to check out www.wimbledon.org

You can see Wimbledon on regular NHK late at night. They have matches on BS too, so you mightn't get Henman's match(es) on that channel.

As for his chances, Agassi's defeat has opened Henman's side of the draw, though it was the same a couple of years ago when he really should have beaten eventual winner Ivanisevic in that oft-delayed game.

You can get a radio commentary on the Wimbledon website.

PS I watch too much sport

PPS I was back home when the England rugby team did the business, but all the media would talk about is a certain footballer and how much money he was making in Japan. Even if Henman wins Wimbledon, he may only get a couple of minutes before it's back to the usual circus with its new haircut and new shirt to wear.

I'm glad Henman lost. I hope no native Brit wins Wimbledon ever again. Not because I dislike England, but because it'd be amusing. I hope Mark Philippousis wins; he seems like a cool guy, and I like his game.

I'm glad Henman lost. I hope no native Brit wins Wimbledon ever again. Not because I dislike England, but because it'd be amusing. I hope Mark Philippousis wins; he seems like a cool guy, and I like his game.

Butta, if you ever decide you want to become an Australian citizen, just show the authorities your post and you'll do just fine. ;\)

Some strange pleasure it seems. Never mind.

I don't think Henman is ever going to win it, he's just not strong enough simple as that.

^ (×2) If you're referring to what I said, I don't derive pleasure from such a thing, merely a bit of amusement. I don't feel remotely sorry for poor, suffering sportsfans, whether it's a Chicago Cubs fan feeling bitter disappointment yet another year or someone rooting for their hometown or home country hero who can't come up with the big victory. Anyone who invests so much emotional energy and places so much importance on a mere sporting activity is a sorry bloke indeed. Well, except for perhaps the World Cup, and that excludes America, for obvious reasons.