It's definitely got worse since I've been in Japan. But I have a disliking of old people when they are in charge of some kind of vehicle from a bikes to cars.

Don't get me wrong, I love old people in general, but I think they should take vehicle license off them at a certain age.....they are just SO dangerous and irritating.  

"Help the aged, cause one day they were just like you. Drinking, smoking, sex and sniffing glue" or something like that. Jarvis Cocker is a true poet. But yes Mr Matthews, those cauliflowerheads piss me off sometimes to.

Correct me if I am wrong everyone, but arent there periodic tests people have to take to keep their license?

• 2 weeks later...

In defence of the olds...

To make driving safer for all...

First ban all under twenty-fives...

Next ban all male drivers...

Yeah yeah, I know, It's the olds and the Fems that make us crash... but if they're so crap, how come they avoid being in accidents themselves.. :p

I'd like to see those stats Miteyak. I think you will find that fems/olds have many more accidents than young men....its just the total "value" in insurance terms of mens crashes is higher. Ie, when a man crashes, he does a good and proper job of it whereas women just tend to bend a bumper and inflict the odd scratch.

PS - i have no intention of getting into a "who is a better driver" debate. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio:
. Ie, when a man crashes, he does a good and proper job of it whereas women just tend to bend a bumper and inflict the odd scratch.

So er... who are the arseholes...
;\)

Jared... get a motorcycle :p

As to my earlier comments, they were (as clearly stated) about safety.

As cool and macho as Antonio considers large crashes with all the carnage that they entail to be, I think i'll be hard pushed to find stats that attempt to equate these to fender benders...

I guess you guys haven't heard about the accident in LA last week which involved an 80 year old man plowing his car through a crowded street market. Apparently he mistook the gas pedal for the brake....

Elderly driver plows through market killing 8, injuring dozens

To make things even worse, less than a week later the same thing happened in florida, minus the fatalities. Although I'm beginning to think this kind of thing happens more than what is put on the news. Once drivers hit a certain age, they should be given road tests at increasing frequency as they get older.

Miteyak, congratulations, you did an Ocean11. You took a quote out of context and then misrepresented my point entirely.

There is nothing in my post to suggest i consider big crashes cool or macho. :p