Don't you just love local news?

Here in Niigata we just had a "news flash" on the local TV news that consisted of 1 news item......

It seems that today some scoundrel today stole some water melons from a field.

The newscasters looked suitably concerned.

Anyone else have any local news gems to share?

\:\)

Lots of thievery of fruit in Naggers too lately. The old people are organizing patrols. They won't catch me as I have camouflage (I wear one of the peaked caps that furootsu obasan wear).

Tonight's local news had the delightful 'Waga ie no aidoru' item featuring local people with their pets. A fat baby was sharing a dried fish (and some intestinal worms too probably) with a dog. The owner of the dog appeared to be wearing izakaya-style plastic toilet slippers in the street.

There was also an advert for a new dietary product called 'Badiet'. Shame they didn't speak to their friendly neighbourhood translator who would have advised them to call it 'Goodiet'.

One family not too far from us have a very friendly dog and they dress him up sometimes. God knows why. And he gets on local TV quite often.

wakaranai.gif

I've got a crush on the main local news program. She is a serious babe and she can tell me all the latest about fruit grabbing and beetle fights as much as she wants

\:\)

The local news last night:

1 news item. It seems that a local girl has decided to go and live in the US homestay for 1 year. They interviewed her. Seems she wants to learn to speak English, so she will be able to communicate.

(I live in an exciting area, as you can tell).

lol.gif