Kinda curious ways of thinking.

I recently gave a Japanese friend of mine a can of draught Guinness to try.

Anyways, they came back to me and basically what they said was "Well, it's different to Japanese beer and so I don't like it".

It wasn't "oh, I don't like it", but a very strong "its not like Japanese beer, and so I don't like it".

I just found it a curious response. Maybe it's just me.

Any other curious responses going on you'd like to share?

cheers

HOW DARE YOU! Stout absolutely rocks!

It may look like sh*t, and make you shi*t a lot but it tastes gorgeous. Murphys tops guiness though.

This probably belongs on the beer thread but I have to defend the black stuff from such nonsense attacks.

Give him some of that new Yebisu dark - it is the closest readily available Japanese thing to Guiness you can find - I think most of the conbini`s stock it.

See if you get the same reaction, then enjoy making fun of him for the rest of the evening, as you have proven that you can`t taste what country a beer comes from. \:D

It might be the closest, but it isn't a patch on and doesn't compare well to a real Guinness. Some of the earlier black beers in Japan were really really bad. Have they generally improved?

it`s not that bad. . .

but then again it`s not that good either. Doesn`t compare to a Guiness, but it does taste like a stout, even though I`m not sure it is.