Taking time off work in the daytime

I remember a thread a while back where someone was asking for advice on how to handle workers who were doing a bit of time-off during work hours.

I'm sure we all do it. Hell, most of us are probably surfing SJ forums from work most day. And most seemed to agree that some time in a day for that kind of thing was only natural and normal.

But where is the line drawn? 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour??

And as for the argument "its ok if it doesn't affect productivity" - thats weak because it is BOUND to affect productivity.

Discuss. Can this be todays 4pm thread??

I have a piss poor attitude and would get sacked if it were revealed. Some days I really have to bite my tongue to stop me from speaking my mind.

In the meantime I do what ever I like at work. And if that means piss all productivity then so be it. Things will change once I find a position that I have passion for. Until then.... hit the refresh button all day.

It depends on the system. If it is a closed 'salary' system, then, well, you have this much work and get paid this much money to do it in this much time. If you're a boss that has a system like this, well, can you complain if the job gets done?

Quote:
Originally posted by db:
I have a piss poor attitude and would get sacked if it were revealed. Some days I really have to bite my tongue to stop me from speaking my mind.

In the meantime I do what ever I like at work. And if that means piss all productivity then so be it. Things will change once I find a position that I have passion for. Until then.... hit the refresh button all day.
I'm with him! cool.gif

I agree...a bit of "off" time is to be expected...hell - i'm a living example....BUT

what really gets up my nose is peeps who take the time off during the day... and then MOAN...or SULK(I hate sulkers) on the odd occasion there is xtra work that needs doing... People that do that have no integrity.