Aloha, New to SJ. I am a skiier! I am planning a trip to Tokyo in Jan'05 as our ski club is going to boring Montana I thought Japan would be fun and I could look up my friends i met during the world cup. Basicly i am heading to Hakuba town 2 or 3 days as the access looks good from Tokyo. I was wondering were to go after the sun goes down. I like busy loud fun places. Also does it matter what days you go (for night time fun) weekend or week night?

Thanks in advance!

Japan resorts aren't known for their nightlife, but Hakuba is one of the better places. I'm sure people will be able to help you (not much help with specifics myself). It might be worth doing a search on here to find out the talk from last season....

Hi Golfgirl

wave.gif

The specifics escape me but there are things going on in Hakuba. Its definitely your best bet compared with other resort towns, some of which are silent by 10pm. eek.gif

I'm sure some HakubaHeads will be along with mountains of wisdom and info ;9

Aloha Scouser,

Greece won tisk tisk.

Anyway as i am american i am nutural to the Euro 2004.

Thank you for your reply, wave.gif

yes the thing about Mtn. villages they tend to close early.

like some of our small islands last call 9:30 what is that, on oahu we are open till 4:00 then all the after hours, that is if you like to dance till dawn.

I am sure i will receive some good advise.

i have been trying the city guides a pub and night club in a hotel so far.

Yes well, from Hawaii to Montana takes more time then a direct flight to Tokyo.

And there will be nothing to do in Montana, they are going to big ski.

It would be fine i suppose if were taking a boyfriend or something.

I know the skiing is great but i have skiied forever and now i just like to take ski trips to ski and party and meet new people.

• 1 month later...

wow... so this is a late reply. Aloha Golfgirl...i'm also here in Oahu (originally from a place near Tahoe). So I went to Hakuba last season for a while, and it's definitely worth checking out. Powder for days after a dump (instead of only for a few minutes like the states). I stayed at Snowbeds (a hostel) and certainly recommend it. Bonus: they also run a bar/club that is open on the weekends. The place was full of boarders/skiers from all over and everyone was down with heading out most evenings.

hope this helps!

Stillwinds, you sum it up pretty well and remind me of many people I've met who are visiting from away. If you like powder, tree riding, missions and easy access to a lot of different resorts Hakuba does the business. Can't wait until December :p .