I've just read an article on how alot of people enjoy eating calf's brains....!?! eek.gif

That got me to thinking (which is very difficult after massive hangover)....What is the most disgusting thing you've ever eaten??

I had a dessert once...that was made with "pig saliva"...it was black, served in a sundae dish and had the consistency of Jello. And...well...it tasted like you'd expect pig saliva to taste...muddy poo.(not that i've tasted that b4, but you get the idea)

I don't know if this is the right word, but --- ikanoshiokara. Something like squid in ammonia (thats what it smelt like anyways!)

Utterly disgusting.

I also can't see how eating fish eggs is anything but disgusting. \:D

a Filipino family once served me a 'delicasy' called BALUT. Balut is a bird egg eaten with the slighly formed bird embryo still in it.

It was offered to impress me as it is hard to get in Hawaii but I just could not eat it... \:\(

i had calf's brains in france. i had just arrived for a semester abroad and i thought i was eating tofu at first. it wasn't that bad. even though a lot of people like it, i find liver minging.

I had goat brain curry in India once; my host offered it, so I couldn't really refuse. Not too bad until I started thinking about what it was.

I'm not a big fan of fish eyes. In general, I don't like my food to look at me while I'm eating it.

Pretty much most parts of anofficial enkai party are out of bounds for me. I get tired of the inevitable conversation surrounding the food and me.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
sweetaz

You been to some strange places!

I can't stand those dried (complete) fish snacks, ugggg
yeah...that was in Manila. Ate (well partially) Balut there too....yucky!! Tastes like REALLY fatty chicken.

Dried fish snacks - never tried them. I've heard that peeps in Korea dont buy popcorn at the movies...they buy dried squid - whole(little ones). Can you imagine it?? Everybody chewing away on rubbery squid?? bizarre lol.gif

I know a guy that has been entertained in business circles at a venue that served a meal so full on not very nice that I can't type it here except in a round about way.

Suffice to say that he chose the girl that had been eating strawberries and marzipan. She produced the meal, someone else cooked it and he ate it of another naked lady. By all accounts it cost more than most cars and was served up in none other than this fine country, Japan.