Cheapest time to travel overseas

What is the cheapest time generally to fly overseas? Of course depending on destination, etc. but any tips are appreciated.

I can take a break either early March or early October this year and thinking of taking a weeks trip somewhere nice.

Any experiences?

• 2 weeks later...

Tokyo --> Denver, but it is turning out to be a bit more for airfare than I had anticipated. It would be 55,000 if I didn't mind flying Narita --> San Francisco --> Mineapolis --> Denver. But I try to avoid 19 hour flights at all costs.

Now is a great time. Last year we went over to the US for around 50000 yen, excellent deal. Save so much than going back in summer or other peak times, I always will be going back low season

When my nana died last year, I got a direct flight on Virgin last June at three days' notice for 77,000 each for me and the wife. It was from Narita and my wife found it on Yahoo travel. The entertainment on board was great. They had The Office and lots of good flicks.

It sounds like the price has gone up a lot this year. The cheapest flight we could have gone on was a long haul on Cathay for under 55000. I think that one was extra cheap due to SARS.

• 2 weeks later...