Silly topic here, had a good talk about this last night with some girlfriends.

If you grew up ala Blue Lagoon and didn't have any outside media influences or education, and didn't know what sex was, etc.... would you KISS? The act of sex of course would be completely natural, but what about kissing?

Discuss lol.gif

Kissing is a form of greeting used by species other than humans, although it's most highly developed in humans. It's also one of the things that human parents pass onto their children very early. Children frequently kiss each other before they even know what copulation is.

Imagining that copulating is 'completely natural' rather than kissing is just crass. Whenever I hear what women say amongst themselves about sex and about men, I shake my head in wonderment at the wrongness of what they think...

Men know what romance is - we invented it. But we also know that it's wasted on women.

I've only come across two really romantic women in my life (who I fell in love with head over heel of course) and I agree that they are rare.

Many girls I know thought that being romantic is having candle-light dinner at the Shinjuku Grand Hyatt and enjoying the night view. Sad really.

I have to agree with O11...not about women being totally unromantic and that bit about being crass eek.gif ...but that Kissing above all is instinctive.

And....yes do tell...what do you think is romantic siren?

I don’t think I can/want to explain it but I still keep her love letters and the little poems she wrote and I still remember her voice and the way she called my name, the smell of her hair…the way she wore my watch, the way she cried…

...and so that makes these things more important or more romantic than a candle-light dinner in an expensive hotel?? wakaranai.gif

Those things you mention all sound very personal and private. That's great. Many of those people having the romantic dinners in the hotels are probably having similar experiences....

I would take a seemingly simplistic yet ever so rare girl that was clever, funny and alternative thinking over a 'romantic' one any day.

But then I wouldn't know romance from a bag of coke. ;\)