This is not meant in any way as a slight on gays. OK? (I have a gay friend who would be happy that people could "tell" he was).

But, what is it that you can often tell that someone is gay? Its hard to pin down and I was trying to explain this to a JApanese friend when I told them "that person is definitely gay", and found it hard to explain.

Anyone help me out here?

Don't need to ask 'em - they'll usually tell you. Again, and again, and again.

I have had the pleasure to work with a few homosexual men who weren't out, and therefore not boring about it.

I could tell because they took extreme care over their appearance and were never, ever, untidy. They used a lot of attention-grabbing, wristy gestures. They tended to giggle when laughing, especially after a few drinks. And they confided in their female colleagues, who confided in me.

You can usually pick a gay guy as he will walk past you and pretend not to check you out but it is in fact very obvious that he is. I hope my 'pervs' at girls are not as lame and obvious.

Quote:
pretend not to check you out but it is in fact very obvious that he is
You probably garner alot of attention because you, sashaying down the avenue with your widdle manbag swinging in the breeze, are the gay man's equivalent to an attractive woman, baring her cleavage and wearing a micro-mini with thigh-high boots. wave.gif

I think you might be, spud-san ;\)

There are people who are obviously gay the way they talk and behave (do they put that on, if not why do they get that "gay accent"?) - but some people who you really really can't tell. There was a guy at college who kept it to himself, no-one would EVER have guessed he was not straight.

Just have the tv on in the background at the moment and one of those food programs.

Place - in a cafe

Meal - some pasta.

The chef is explaining something and says "go-sauce" (the "go" part being "polite"). Sounded WELL GAY. (And he had a gay accent too)

I've been accused of being gay, but I'm not. What does that mean? confused.gif

I don't giggle, haven't got limp wrists, don't purse my lips, bitch aboput people etc. All the stereotypes (often fulfilled) of a gay man.

Oh Oh and I have girl buddies....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Matthews:
I've been accused of being gay, but I'm not. What does that mean? confused.gif

For an Australian I posses an extremely low interest in sport. In social settings this is assured to bring confused expressions from all the dull faced, balding, pot belly 30 year old Australian men. The ones that feel like being smart asses usually quip about my likely homosexual preferences. On one occasion one said just this in front of his sister.... with whom I had previously rather dirty had relations with. Serve the silly jerk right.

Here and there I like to joke about Japanese people being programmed, but the more i look back on home, the more programmed I find it to be. The conversation stopping "I don't follow any sport" statement in Australia is a scream. You see their poor old faces get all tangled as their mind fails to compute. Just before the Australian Male operating system shuts down it finds a safety valve and applies the label of "gay" to everything that does not fit the program. I really do feel sorry for single Australian Women. Mind you, many of them are so vacant that they don't even know any better.

Ok, so I have a chip on my shoulder.
  • 2 weeks later...