He was pretty good. At the heart of Grunge culture in the 90's.

Maybe not like other famous dead singers but still a good listen. I quite enjoyed his music.

And hell anybody who grew up in Aberdeen Washington and makes it out gets tops in my books. That place is a hole.

I saw Nirvana live in 89 supporting TAD after they'd released "Bleach". I saw a lot of rock gigs when I was at college, and Nirvana stood out for being more melodic than the others (Pixies, Muses, Dinosaur Jr, Loop, Spacemen 3, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, MBV, Rollins etc.), but the Pixies were better live. They're the band I would have bet on becoming big.

I was in Japan when Nevermind blew up, so I missed all the hype on that. It's a great album, and its good for every generation to have its own heroes. As an album though, I wouldn't rate it ahead of the first two Stooges ones, for example.

"It's better to burn out than fade away"......the guy ended it his way.

What would have happened had Kirt not shot himself in the head? ? ? ? ?

Might have made a nice producer for someone like Eminen, or Puff Daddy (or whatever he's calling himself these days).....one can only wonder.......... wakaranai.gif

In my opinion though, rock died with Cobain. Perhaps he should really have bought a computer and made tekno music. I have never heard of anyone who goes to raves/dance parties blowing their head off.....must be all the disco biccies and the like......... \:D