my friend had a pet fish, but it suffered from some psychiatric problems, so it wasn't all that relaxing.

make sure u don't buy a neurotic fish. u will probably spend a lot of time together, and if your fish is freaked out, soon u'll start freaking out too! before u know it, u'll both be screaming whenever u lay eyes upon each other. or perhaps even worse, u may both try to pretend nothing is wrong. that could start getting really uncomfortable.

i recommend thinking very carefully before making a final decision.

that is an interesting question!

i would venture to say that seeing out of the tank into the above ground environment can't be very reassuring for aquatic life. it would really place a significant question mark over your basic assumptions of reality.

i suppose taking this into consideration, simple things like putting a blanket over the tank when u masturbate might help your fish keep it together mentally.

I had a fish called Franklin, not named after the US president but rather the no-brand discount supermarket that was nearby where one had to pack their own bags.

One day Franklin was barely moving at the bottom of his tank and had something jammed in his gob. It looked like he was going to explode. I took him out of the water and found he had attempted to eat a cockroach that had fallen onto the surface of the water. Franklin was the size of my thumb and the roach about 25% of that. It must have been like Jaws IV for the roach.

With a pair of tweezers and a few minutes out of water I managed to get the roach out. It broke apart on extraction and I had to get the snapped-off legs out of poor Franklin's gills. At one point I thought I had pulled his stomach out through his mouth, but it was just a mushy bit of roach that was not coming out easily.

The procedure was a success and Franklin lived on for a few more months until old age took him.

My exboyfriend was a fish killer. He killed all fishes, kingyo, fighting fish... I was always very sad to see fishes gettnig fewer in the tank. \:\(

NEMO is cute. They look so cute in water. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by d=(^o^)=b:
I had a fish called Franklin, not named after the US president
thats funny precious because Franklin was famous for being a scientist, an inventor, a statesman, a printer, a philosopher, a musician, and an economist. But not a President
:p

Besides who wants pet fishes? fishes are for eating! gollum!