Last week or so the main alcoholic brewing companies in Japan joined together in putting warning labels cautioning pregnant women that alcohol could harm the baby. Thats been around for awhile back home but Im not criticizing Japan, better late than never eh? But, what gets me really angry, is when mothers and fathers smoke right in front of infants, kids, etc... mad.gif

I was in a coffee shop last weekend - the first floor is non-smoking, the second floor is smoking. In the period of two hours that I was there, 13 mothers carried their babies/strollers up to the second floor while the employee carried their drink. Another 8 or so couples and their young children went up as well. Curiosity got the better of me and I went upstairs just to see the environment - it was soooo smokey that NOBODY needed to light up, just sit and breathe.

Back home, people would speak up and say something but here its just commonplace. Why in the world would people want to put their children at risk? If you wanna smoke, puff away; but do it away from your kids!! mad.gif

As a non-smoker - a questions to smokers.

If you go into a place that is full of smokers, and you sit there inhaling.....whats the difference between that and actually lighting up yourself??

its crazy how much damage second hand smoke can do.

you can hear a report about it on npr.

"The CDC warns people at risk of heart attack to avoid public places where there is second-hand cigarette smoke. The health advisory follows the publication of a new study in the British Medical Journal that found a smoking ban in Helena, Mont., led to a sharp drop in heart attacks there."