I had one after a night on the piss at the weekend. It was typical McDs, not particularly nice. But I think some of the comments above are a bit OTT. It's not that bad, if it were so amazingly terrible why would so many people eat it?

Quote:
Originally posted by lin:
Obviously everyone is stupid!
Indeed, Stupidity is one of the most consistently reliable traits of the human species.

Some clever guy once said something like "never be afraid of over estimating the stupidity that the human race is capable of".

Scouser raises a very fair objection: the hangover. Those evil monsters will make you do just about anything in search of relief.
 Quote:
Originally posted by d=(^o^)=b:
Indeed, Stupidity is one of the most consistently reliable traits of the human species.
[/QB]
Yep, reminds me of one of my favourite quotes

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it."
René Descartes 1596 - 1650
 Quote:
Originally posted by mina2:
Enjoying a certain food is stupid?
Well, yes. Particulary given that it is not actually human food.

Before anyone gets heated up, I can assure you that I have been stupid enough to enjoy many things that one must be very stupid to enjoy.

Big Macs are totally lousy hamburgers, and those fries are disgusting. I think it's the fries that give McBurps their peculiar persistence and reek. I haven't touched them in years. (On a school trip to London, one of my mates dragged me half way across the city, on foot, in order that we might dine on America's finest in the first McDonald's in London. I nearly killed the f*cker soon after my first bite.)

But once I had a bacon and lettuce jobbie with a lot of pepper at the airport before jumping on a plane. It was pretty good. If my life took a turn for the unpredictable and I was forced to make my own sandwiches, those are some of the ingredients I would reach for first. Probably shove some avocado in there too though, and use some tasty bread.

However, it really is a source of wonderment that so mediocre and regrettable a taste experience can be so popular. Most onigiri taste far better, even though I prefer bread to rice on almost any occasion.

Here is Joan Bakewell from BBC's Newsnight going for her first Big Mac in her seventies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1214530,00.html

I've got to second the "meat is tasteless" comment.

I had the deluxe 600 yen Mos Burger that comes with lettuce instead of a bun a few weeks back and it was pretty good. Lots of juicy dribbly \:\) .

Rushing in to a McD and pretending to consider a burger purchase just so you can use the toilet is known as a

"McShit with lies" lol.gif

Mos burger is pretty tasty, but a bit small

Quote:
Originally posted by Dims:
Rushing in to a McD and pretending to consider a burger purchase just so you can use the toilet is known as a

"McShit with lies" lol.gif
Thats classic! lol.gif lol.gif

Haven't eaten at Rotten Ronnies for nearly a year now. Reading "Fast-food nation" cured me of putting that crap in my mouth. Sure, it isn't that bad but it's very far from good. My body is eternally thankful for the dietary change. I'm really looking forward to watching "Super-Size Me", it sounds funny as hell.

Movie about a guy who eats nothing but Mickey D's for a month, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Predictably he is not looking good by the end of it. Doctors are shocked by the effects on his health. Looks absoutely classic!