im distraught. our dog (golden labrador) of 14 years went missing whilst staying with some people in ibaraki (my parents and i are on holiday in canada).

it has a tag and whatnot but i dont know what to do. this is probably a long shot but what is done about this sort of thing in japan? are posters put up etc

That sucks, sorry to hear about that. Are you still in Canada?

Never seen any missing dog posters, but its worth asking and causing a fuss.

I'm sorry to hear about that, too.

You can make poster with him/her photo and put it on the telegraph poles where you took your dog for a walk. The network of dog's owners may find your dog.

I once saw a stray dog (Siberian Husky) tied to a telegraph pole with a note. It said "I got lost and want to go home. Does anyone know who I am?"

I hope that you will see him/her again soon.

Sorry to hear about that.

As Ms Slow said you should print some posters with its photo (and maybe with a $ reward) and paste them around the area it went missing and maybe the local supermarkets.

Hope you find it soon.

Ive seen that kind of thing posters round my neighbourhood. Give it a go. Im sure people will help out - the police dont have much else to do, perhaps theyd be happy to looking for a dog. Beats a cat up a tree.

Seriously, I really hope you find the dog. Goldens are usually really clever anyway. Let us know!

That really sucks manda, hope your pooch makes a safe return.

In regards to the posters, I saw one some tonight at my local park taped to a light pole, it had been laminated. Smart move if they are going to be exposed to the elements.

sorry havent had much internet access. thanks for the concern. we got a phonecall the other night saying that she was found, 5 days later. Turns out she walked 20 km (im still wondering if she was walking in the direction of home (tokyo)) and slept outside a shop where she was looked after until the shopkeepers saw an ad in a newspaper. So she had a nice adventure.

of all places, japan does not seem like a bad place for a dog to go missing.