Kerry just had his emotionally charged acceptance speech at the DNC in Boston - very interesting.

The hilarious part was at the end when he finished and was on stage with Edwards and the balloons and confetti were to be released. Somehow the technical directors mic got became live and was broadcasting on air all his instructions to his crew. The balloons were jamming and not dropping down and he is shouting

" more balloons!! more balloons! we need need, ALL Balloons now! where are the balloons? all balloons all balloons get them coming guys, more balloons, hold the confetti, we need all balloons now.......what the fu*k are you guys doing!!!! get the balloons down!"

cool! the f word expleted on live CNN during a political event! :p

Quote:
values without action are just slogans - John Kerry
 Quote:
what we need is America to rely on its ingenuity (alternative energy), not to rely on the Saudi Royal family - John Kerry

The whole circus is quite a farce, a hollywood style event of ultra ego feeding and self importance. Not at all reflective of the sheer professional importance and seriousness that should surround a process to determine who gets one of the most influential jobs in the world. If I were an American I would be put off voting by the whole showbiz style catch phrase buzz word process. America needs to start taking its presidential shit seriously and look like they mean it as well.

How can the hopes of a contender be given an "oh, that will be a sideways blow for his campaign" by the wrong choice of a word, or hand gesture?!!? Jesus, how about the substance of a candidate be the key influence rather than irrelevancies that seem to exist only for the bulk media to have something to talk about.

For me it is time to tune out from the circus broadcasts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
The whole circus is quite a farce, a hollywood style event of ultra ego feeding and self importance. Not at all reflective of the sheer professional importance and seriousness that should surround a process to determine who gets one of the most influential jobs in the world. If I were an American I would be put off voting by the whole showbiz style catch phrase buzz word process. America needs to start taking its presidential shit seriously and look like they mean it as well.

How can the hopes of a contender be given an "oh, that will be a sideways blow for his campaign" by the wrong choice of a word, or hand gesture?!!? Jesus, how about the substance of a candidate be the key influence rather than irrelevancies that seem to exist only for the bulk media to have something to talk about.

For me it is time to tune out from the circus broadcasts.
And DB, if I may ask, what would you do if you were an American? Hypothetical question, but say you lived in Colorado. You're a ski bum, but making good money selling papers back and forth as you do...in Aspen. The duty to vote is espounded throuh all democracies, yet you only have 2.5 real choices.

To tell you the truth, I think they are all a farce. My choice, for what I want to see happen (environmetal protection) is easy - Vote Kerry. The rest is a bunch of hogwash political bs on both sides.

Hey, Al Sharpton's speach was....um...interting \:\)

Plucky, if I were American and lived there then I would enjoying the amazingly diverse geography and the outdoor lifestyle that it allows, bar deep rain forest I think you guys have just about every geography/climate combo? Whilst enjoying it all I would have a laugh at the fact that "those aussies" call me a seppo.

As for voting, I doubt that I would bother to show up on the day beyond being motivated to "vote for who is not the biggest clown". Other than that I can see why so few Americans vote. As for my country, I wont bother voting in Australia's election this year, I doubt I am even on the electoral role any longer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dear Britain:
Plucky, if I were American and lived there then I would enjoying the amazingly diverse geography and the outdoor lifestyle that it allows, bar deep rain forest I think you guys have just about every geography/climate combo? Whilst enjoying it all I would have a laugh at the fact that "those aussies" call me a seppo.

As for voting, I doubt that I would bother to show up on the day beyond being motivated to "vote for who is not the biggest clown". Other than that I can see why so few Americans vote. As for my country, I wont bother voting in Australia's election this year, I doubt I am even on the electoral role any longer
Plucky had some good shit to say, but didn't want to upset Oscar...

You know, even if an American agrees, it must be basphemy.....

That was cringy - getting some stick for it over here. But I think the general opinion here is that Kerry is better than the alternative.