Does anyone here actually read the Bible? And how? Do you read it through or just certain parts? I remember when I was at school we used to just have to read selected parts and I just couldn't see the sense in it. I'm curious as to know how religious people who do actually read the bible do so.

I just started another thread that sounds similar when you 'talk it'. How peculiar. Content quite different though. lol.gif

I was pushed to Sunday School a few times when I was a kid - happily it only lasted a few times. We sat round and read a lovely passage from the New Testiclement or whatever its called. I hated it, it was worse than history.

Why do many big hotels have bibles?

Some of the historical aspects and classic Jesus

stories are good as far as I can remember. But a lot of it reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer is goind to die and he listens to the bible speaking books.

This may very well be a thicko question, but whats the best "version" of the Bible? I was always confused as to why there seemed to be so many versions, surely there is a definite one?

it is part of the "hotelier's act" or something to provide a bible for each room. My folks used to run a motel in Oz, and there was alway some mormons or someone who would come around and check the room and leave a fresh copy if one wasn't already in the room.

Who'd steal a copy of the bible from a hotel room - anyone ?????