One big baseball team would be nice. You can never take gappei too far. Indeed, why not put them all into a big gappei machine and mash them into one very talented ball player?

It would make for some great television.

baseball is crap!

They play and train and play & train from elemantary school only to be beaten by a team ( not once but twice) from Australia!

Most Australians really couldn't care less about baseball ( probably because of its origins, and we got a better game anyway!). I can't even name a professional Australian baseball team!

Japan should just throw out that old geeza that seems to do as he wishes as the rest of the board are terrified of him. throw him out!

baseball is crap!

They play and train and play & train from elemantary school only to be beaten by a team ( not once but twice) from Australia!

Most Australians really couldn't care less about baseball ( probably because of its origins, and we got a better game anyway!). I can't even name a professional Australian baseball team!

Japan should just throw out that old geeza that seems to do as he wishes as the rest of the board are terrified of him. throw him out!

Indo - I think you mean the Giants owner Watanabe.

Well he's the Ex-Boss now - self inflicted resignation a coupla weeks ago to avoid all the infinite scandal that would have flared over the illegal under hand payouts to promising juniors.

Baseball here, like most of the establishment (banks, politicians etc) has yet to go thru the

come-clean process, which is why many of the new olympic successes were by athletes that have shrugged of the shackles of the N.F.T.I.

(Nippon Fascist Training Inc.)

Inherently however, i.m.o. baseball has got the goods as a competitor/spectator sport.

Just needs a damn good strike. \:\)

IceE - I guess a lot of people are happy the strike didn't happen so that the season can continue smoothly.

BUT, I think it's only good if some real changes begin to happen now.

The current "Giants controlled" baseball situation in Japan has got to go and real reforms made.

If not, then striking is justifiable and it's just too bad if the season schedule is disrupted.

I think. \:\)