According to a bbc site, the Seven Deadly Email sins

1 Ignoring emails

2 Denying receipt of emails you've actually received because you haven't had a chance to respond

3 Waffling: writing verbose emails without getting to the point

4 Blitzing: sending out emails to people who don't actually need to read them, like when you're copied in on company emails that are nothing to do with you

5 Tactlessness: using the wrong style and tone in your email can cause confrontation

6 Presuming that just because you've sent someone an email that they're going to read it

7 Sloppiness and bad use of language

I've been guilty of a few myself, but it gets on my nerves when some people are just so rude with their emails. mad.gif

Tacklessness and lack of manners is widespread. I want to ignore mails if they are just a complete shitsurei, that makes me angry.

• 6 months later...

I had some guy mail us for a quotation on some work, pretty much straight to the point which was fine.

Anyway, we spend half a day putting a (very reasonable) quote together for him and he comes back to us with the most abrupt, impolite way you could possibly imagine. No initial greeting or signing off, no thank yous for spending the time to put things together, just ploughed right into critisisms (!?) and asking for something almost completely different because he didn't realise so much work was involved in what he originally did. I'd rather not take on a project than have to work with someone like him. Some people are just so unbelievably rude when communicating by email.

Including an automatic calendar entry in an email.

This happens to me at work all the time. I receive an email from somebody in the office inviting me to attend a meeting/luncheon or whatever. As soon as I open the email, it automatically calendars the event into MY CALENDAR! This can be handy for things I have confirmed attendance to, but I think rude otherwise.

Some people really are rude, I just won't put up with it. Just think mina2, if you took the job with this person what a complete pain they would probably turn out to be. Not worth the stress.

I've never heard of this automatic calendar thing.