I am not a fan of collective punishment, so I didn’t of course mean the US.

I literally meant, I hope someone puts a bomb up hiss ass!!!!!! clap.gif

Let HIM have a taste of HIS own medicine!!!

In general I am not a fan of terrorism or terror unless its a terror B-movie that I am a great fan!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are disappointed with the election result and may be unfamiliar with the U.S. election system, cheer up! It will definitely be his last four years. The same President cannot hold office for more than 2 terms.

After that, I am anxiously awaiting the sequel to that interesting movie "Governator", I hear it will be called "Presidentornator".

I wouldn't mind seeing that either...but it would take a constitutional amendment. As it is now, a US President cannot be a born gaijin (even if he/she is born again \:D )

tsondaboy, you left Cuba off your list.

It looks as though America has some real fine plans for remaking Cuba in the Iraq mould when they have violently overthrown Castro and killed lots of civilians.

http://www.antiwar.com/lobe/?articleid=3527

When they're done, poor Cubans will no doubt have healthcare equivalent to or worse than poor Americans.

Interesting article, although it’s not something new. I have read more about Cuba in the past. I mast say though that Cuba is not as easy mater to deal with as Iraq was.

By the way, what’s your rate on Cuba?

I give 1/100000000

\:\)

DB - here here! Damn good idea.

Markie - point taken, however it's very scary because we've already seen how much the guy ****ed up the planet in his first four years, now, it's like - how much more is he capable of ****ing up? A lot more could get destroyed before his term is up.

what surprised me was the so called "record turn out", people lining up foor 7-8 hours in places like Ohio to vote.

Hmmm, big turnout but it was only 60%! Sixty percent! what were the other 40% doing? how apathetic are those people? I found it incedible that someone would not vote in such an important election not just for the US but for the whole world, the whole world is influenecd by what goes on in The USA.

I have never missed a vote in my life yet.

Well, my worst fear has come true. I may have moved back to the states too soon. From the responses on this subject, and as I pretty much knew, the world community isn't too happy with this. I'm more embarrassed and ashamed than anything. Kerry is no prince, but at least he would have given America the chance for a fresh start. Now we'll never know. I fear anti-US sentiment will only continue to grow and grow rapidly. If I was from another country, I'd be looking at the US and wondering what kind of morons could re-elect Bush.

I totally agree with DB and his assessment that the US prez should be someone who thinks globally and who is a good, well-respected person. Unfortunately, it is hard to find a politician in the US (or anywhere for that matter) that fits that bill. It's also unfortunate that people I've talked to and views I've read on other message boards have basically stated, 'screw the rest of the world, we need to worry about our own country.' There are a lot of people here that just don't realize how big an impact the US has on the rest of the world and they just don't care.

I just want all the non-US citizens to remember and to keep in mind that nearly half of the country voted against Bush. Not all Americans are gung-ho war mongers who only care about furthering their own country's agenda (To be fair, neither are all Bush supporters). Just as you wouldn't claim that all Muslims are terrorists, all Americans aren't Bush supporters and fundamental Christians. The US is as divisive in its political views as ever.

By the way, Alaska has been SWEEEET! The ski resorts open up tomorrow!! It is damn cold here though. It was -19C at my cabin this morning!

Welcome back Plucky! wave.gif You are living in a Bush state. Have you asked your neighbors what they are thinking. Coming from Hawaii, I couldn't find a Bush fan to tell me their side of the story. I'm honestly curious what the Bush supporters could possibly be thinking.

Lucky you, we've got a couple more months until the ski-jo's open here. It's not cold yet at all \:\(

Hey Kintaro! How you doing man? Just got my shipment of goods from Japan 2 days ago (meaning my computer too). I'll email you when I get it hooked up and can access my hotmail.

I really have no neighbors. Seriously - I bought a cabin that is pretty isolated. I'll send some pics your way soon!

It's funny - all of the military people I work with were very disappointed yesterday. It was like a wake in here.

Plucky,

Generally speaking though, arent military personel generally in favor of republican candidates because they support big military budgets. Many of the boys that I knew in Iwakuni (hiroshima) were strong republican supporters along with my entire family (military). Im the black sheep in the family I guess lol.gif

Enjoy your time in AK - thatd be a sweet spot to be stationed, that or maybe Ft. Shafter!! \:\)

It really does vary between the individual. I think you are correct in assuming that most military are republican and I've found that holds pretty true. My office, on the otherhand, is surprisingly liberal. I've found that a lot of the older military members are more conservative while most of the younger ones are more liberal. That's a huge generalization and not really fair since there are definately exceptions. Since the war has broken out, it seems that there are more and more military members who have become disenchanted with the current administration and have increasingly spoken out against them (enlisted can do this - officers can not). All in all, I'd definately say that a majority of the military holds conservative, republican beliefs. (I'm registered independent by the way)

I'm not in the military but chose to come here from the base I worked on in Japan. I already did the Hawaii gig - not enough skiing or snow for my taste! And yes Kintaro, there is surf in Alaska! \:D

Thanks for the info Plucky - I have thought that with the war in Iraq that more and more people's views would change some/be changed from experience in the theater. It sucks, Ive lost friends from the 911 attacks, afghan and now Iraq. When will War as a Big Business end? Surely, there are more productive ways to steer the Economy :rolleyes:

Surf in AK? Damn, youd freeze your nuts off!! lol.gif

Quote:
It is hard to understand though, to someone looking from the outside.
I sympathise with the American voters. What choice did they have? I mean, look at Kerry. The Democrats might be better off had they nominated Big Bird.

I said in September (http://www.skijapanguide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003334)

Quote:
Unfortunately, I increasingly think that chimps are going to win. And there are no decent ones or decent ones who are powerful enough to do anything about it.
The world's finest democracy has got the man it deserved. George W Bush. Twice.