OK I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw when I was younger. It was a kinda thriller/horror type with this guy who could foresee disasters.

I kinda remember him being ill with his "skills" and forecasting the destruction of a cathedral and other buildings. I can't remember if he was just looking into the future or whether he was willing the destruction himself. confused.gif

Does that simple (and maybe even incorrect!) description jog anyones memories?? \:D

Featuring Bristol Cathedral dropping stones on somebody dressed in a coloured tent to represent Westminister Abbey and the Queen respectively.

It's really really a pile of shite. If you want spooky predictions of imminent disaster, look into Mr. Rumsfeld's eerily prescient predictions about 9/11... He has the Medusa Touch by all appearances.

http://www.angelfire.com/mp/urch/images/NewFolder/bristol/bristolpics/cath.html

http://www.nitpickers.com/movies/nitpicks/19000/18863.shtml

Trust me rach - look at the sites above, and DON'T waste your time watching the film! It's not a starring role either, it's a bit part - a piece of brown polystyrene jumps off it and falls towards 'the queen' right near the end.

"Details: The scene involving Westminster Abbey was supposed to depict London where the buses are red. The movie was actually filmed in Bristol where the buses were green. Although the producers had arranged for one red London bus to trundle up and down the location set, in the background green Bristol buses are clearly visible"

What a shocking mistake. I hope that director and those involved were all sacked and were never able to work again. It's disgusting. mad.gif

All I can remember is some big closeups of the big man overacting. He always had a nice voice and I'm a bit of a fan of his earlier stuff like Virginia Woolf, but the Medusa Touch didn't do anything for me as a kid.

If you want something sinister, how about Robert Mitchum as the evil preacher in "Night of the Hunter"? I saw it again a few weeks back on the night of the US Election. It seemed strangely suitable at the time....

• 6 months later...

Hello lol.gif

Oh yes one thing. They called the catheral "Minster Cathedral" in the movie.

I just want to be reassured ocean11 and rach that they rebuilt Bristol "Minster" Cathedral after such a catastrophe.