Do you use this phrase a lot. It seems to be one of those that people use so much, almost wiping out the true meaning. It's supposed to mean that you're indebted to someone, right? I never know when to use it or not with my feelings of only wanting to say thanks when I mean it.

I say "Osewani natte orimasu~ ;\) " more than 100 times at office everyday.

Don't think about true meaning of this.

This kind of greeting is from teachings of Buddhism, I think. Okage sama de, too.

I think it means "I will be a burden to you". Sorta like "sorry in advance....for troubling you in the future".

I think "okagesame de" is used sorta like: "Thanks for asking" or "Thanks for the kind words" ..... as a response after someone has wished you well or some kind words like that.

Am I right, slow?

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I say "Osewani natte orimasu~ ;\) " more than 100 times at office everyday.
Perhaps you could make a handy tape and use that to save your, very probably lovely, voice.

Never, you don't need to feel that way when you use this phrase on business because you just have to be polite. Just smile and say Osewani natte orimasu~ ;\) .

If I say this to people outside of work, it always comes from my heart. But I don't say it so often in my private life.

Quote:
Originally posted by KlingKlang:
In business, what happens when you REALLY REALLY feel this way.
Give them Oseibo or Ochugen.(I don't like those things and they are still tatemae.) If you really want to express your heartfelt gratitude, does it matter if it is business or private?? ;\)