• SnowJapan Admin

Yes if you want to use your own image (70x70 pixels, 5000 bytes or less) you need to have a URL for it (ie hosted somewhere). If you create a members page on this here site (click on the Member Section at the top of this page), you can upload images to a page and then use them.

Okay - downloaded a picture to the Members Page that is 70x70 pixs.

How the $#*% do I put that picture in as an Avatar? Can it be transferred from the MP to the Discussion Board?

It is really easy, just follow these steps:

Open in a different window you Members Page and right click on the on the picture you wanna use for avatar and select the “properties” option. In the small window that will open with some info about the picture, locate the URL address. It will be something like .http://www.snowjapan.com/……….,copy this address

Go to your profile page in the forums and open the “select different avatar link”

“my profile” >> “edit profile” >> “select different avatar link”

At the bottom of the page there is a “use custom URL option”. Paste inside the box the address you have copied previously and press the “Set URL” button.

That should do the trick. Good luck trying!

wave.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
It is really easy, just follow these steps:
Voila, it works! - Thanks TBoy ... just goes to show, you can teach an old dog new tricks! lol.gif clap.gif

Gamera - try opening the image using good old Microsoft Imaging and resize the pic using the pixel option, then save. Should be okay.

Yeah, I know it says 4500 something.

Does an avatar have to locate in snowjapan.com server? I don't have a member page snowjapan.com so I just upload a pic for it in my web server and point the URL and saved the upload but nothing pops up for my avatar \:\( any age filters?????? wakaranai.gif