not "hot wine" but "mulled wine"?

I found unfinished bottle of red wine (again ;\) ) and cloves in my kitchen. So, I made "mulled wine" tonight. It was so good and made me so relaxed. I think I'll add cinnamon next time.

Does anyone know authentic recipe of mulled wine?

Yes, that red wine is from the night we had Shinnenkai in my room. ;\)

I always keep a bottle of red wine in my apartment for my friends or cooking.

I don't drink alcohol alone at home but some beer and tequila are still in my fridge. I don't know how to use them for cooking...

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I found unfinished bottle of red wine (again ;\) ) and cloves in my kitchen. So, I made "mulled wine" tonight. It was so good and made me so relaxed. I think I'll add cinnamon next time.
Does anyone know authentic recipe of mulled wine?
Try this website - enough recipes here to keep you preserved throughout the Winter ... and then some!

http://www.lisashea.com/wine/mulled/

Try Port, Tokay or Muscat - easier to drink than heated wine. (Women tend to like Tokay or Muscat more than Port because they - the beverages - are sweeter.)

Happy Hangover. lol.gif

Here's how I make it:

few bottles of red wine

1/4 to half bottle of vodka

2 oranges (sliced into rings)

few cinnamon sticks

few allspice balls

few cloves

bit of nutmeg

sugar

Throw it all in a pan and warm it on the lowest possible heat. DON'T let it boil or even simmer!! You need to leave it for at least 1/2 hour. There should be steam coming off it but no bubbles.

Keep it on the burner and just keep topping up the pot with wine (and the other ingredients to taste)as it gets drunk throughout the night.