Privacy is a thing of the past. I've been maintaining an address for certain matters in the U.S. but the other day my life insurance company wrote to me that they've heard I've moved. Our relationnship is I send them a check once a year. How they learned I'm in Japan is a mystery to me. wakaranai.gif

Maybe they are monitoring all their oyaji clientele coz old clientele are high riskers LOL \:D

The other day I received a mistery invitation to purchase some office stuff like paper, pens etc saying 'it'll be cheaper than purchasing from **** ' The mistery is why they know I have purchased something from the **** company????

Kintaro, if it's an U.S. address and if the prson I mail forward moved into somewhere else, the cards or letters I posted always get back to me with stamps which say something like 'advised direction **** ((new address )) *** '(if I remember right)so that the sender can get the new address, I guess.

No, oyaji-sama ( \:D ), I keep a physical residence at which I have mail delivered to and have someone checking it for me. I didn't have my insurance mail forwarded. But did write back to them and ask them where they got their infnormation that i moved. No reply.

Just saw the other day an article on the local digital rag from NZ where a paint company were trialling a system with the postal service where the posties would report back on what houses looked like they needed a repaint. The idea was that they would be targeted for direct mail compaigns etc.

Public outcry soon put a stop to this, but this is one hellva scary issue. The postie knows everything about your external life. Who you bank with, what credit cards you have, where many of your rellies hial from, possible overseas realitonships etc.

All this makes me wonder how much of my real information I should put on the net. I mean generally I use one email address for certain things online and one for private communications with people and businesses. But I mean can't they find out from finding out your IP number and so forth.

Paranoid. But it's healthy.

I think we'd be shocked to know what "they" know about us. Last year I was going through the process of getting a mortgage and so I emailed frequently with my (one and only) mortgage lender. Suddenly I started receiving spam from every shady mortgage lender on the planet. Irritating!