I paid to much tax and they've given me some back!!!

The grand sum total of....

1 yen.

And they sent me an official form to tell me that.

I'm wondering how to celebrate. Any ideas?

lol.gif

I have actually in the past got a phone bill for 3 yen. I think it was for a call that I made and was answered by a machine so put the phone down almost straight away.

Funny thing is, I forgot to pay it, and so a month or so later they actually sent me a reminder bill!

So for the 3 yen payment they sent out 2 mailings to me. lol.gif

A question to the tax payers, how does it work the tax payment system here in Japan?

Do you have to go by yourself to the tax office and declare how much money you made this year or you get a notification from them first?

I thought a phone bill of 24 yen was pretty ridiculous but 1 yen! Haha thats funny, it even beats the interest on my bank account here that was I think 3 yen last time.

Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
A question to the tax payers, how does it work the tax payment system here in Japan?
Do you have to go by yourself to the tax office and declare how much money you made this year or you get a notification from them first?
Depends if you are self employed or not.
Big english schools usually do it for you as there are hardly any deductions that you can make.
If you are on your own you can do the White or Blue form depending on the type of biz that you have.
I do the blue and can deduct huge amounts thus all of my "outside" jobs that i do for companies that pay 10% tax for me, I get back in a nice refund usually about now!

The Tax office won't chase you for a return...
many businesses here don't even lodge returns until they are making $$$.

Where are these forms available from? And do you know the japanese names for them? Thinking I am due some back from the income tax people just so I can hand it over to the City tax people. I mean, sort it out, can't they get together and work out how much I owe? Should pay the city one before they kick me out of the city all together. haha.