(SKIS) K2: 06-07 Apache Recon 174s (by skidaisuki)

Nice One Skidaisuki. Good to see a new review for skis. More reviews to come hopefully as the season progresses and people get to test their gear a bit more. Looking forward to hear how they behave in the deeper fluff.

• 11 months later...

I have the same skis with Salomon S12 bindings. I like these skis for days that im staying on piste or just pouching a bit. They pound through crud and they have good pop when making fast turns. They make groomers fun.

As far as off piste they have good float for a mid fat but nothing compared to a fat ski. If you get into deep stuff you will be wishing for a bigger ski.

I have noticed they get a bit chattery at stupid fast speeds. So if thats your game you probably want to get something stiffer like a full on race ski.

• 9 months later...

You guys are quite right. When I oiginally posted the review, I sent them a picture of the Recons, which was up for a while. Not sure why they've replaced it with the Public Enemy pic...

OkemoLoon - agreed on the powder performance, they are no substitute for proper fat powder skis. That said, more work on my diet is a good idea as well...

Anyway, I am still happy with the skis' performance, but I have some doubts about their durability. Currently, they're being repaired because the tail of one ski started de-laminating at the end of last season. I can't in all honesty say that it is a result of a manufacturing problem, but I do wonder. Then again, give me anything new and I'll wreck it pretty quickly.

• SnowJapan Moderator

First I've heard about this (and no PMs about this in the system it seems). Someone else just pointed this thread out to me.

I have deleted the picture. I don't know what happened there but skisaisuki if you sent us a mail or contact us directly we'd have looked at it straight away for you. We're usually pretty fast at stuff like that. The reason it was unchanged is that no-one told us directly (and obviously we hadn't noticed that in the thread itself).

If you want to send on a correct photo, I will put that up there for you no problems.

Thanks. friend

• 6 months later...