• SnowJapan Admin

Just wanted to let you know what's coming up soon. The main development that we've been working on is a big overhaul of the JOURNALS section of the site.

Basically, when all this goes online here's what you'll be able to do:

- post 2 photos in each of your Journals (with the photo limit for each member increased to a total of 50);

- add comments to other people's journals (and to your own of course in response to other comments).

We're also giving the main Journals page a complete overhaul and hopefully making it both much easier to use and better to look at. We're going to be highlighting the Journals on the main page of the site as well, so hopefully encouraging more participation in this feature.

Look out for this hopefully by the end of next week at the latest - we're doing some final cleaning up and testing of the system right now. Sorry it's taken longer than we had hoped for but a few things (not nice earthquake included) have delayed it! (And it's been a really complex job as well, got a headache) \:\)

(All current Journals and journals posted before we launch this new feature will be included in the new setup.)

To celebrate a much better Journals section, we're going to be running a Best Members Page competition this winter as well (where everyone can vote).

Hope you like it all! Have a good weekend.

• SnowJapan Admin

Glad you like the idea - we hope you actually like it when you see it in action.

Just give us a bit more time, it's all very complicated and we need to get a few small things cleaned up.

Like said in the thread above though, all previous journals will be integrated into this new system when it goes online so feel free to post any new ones before then. Biggest problem there I suppose is the snow... \:\( (or lack of it).

The new system we have made is so much better to look at, easier to use, there's even a search feature \:D , and we're going to make it much more prominent on the site. So we hope that lots of people will "discover" that part of the site for the first time...they've been almost hidden from view in a way until now (sorry!) There's a lot of good reading on there, we want to bring all that out in the open..

Another few days. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowJapan.Com#2:
... and we're going to make it much more prominent on the site. So we hope that lots of people will "discover" that part of the site for the first time...they've been almost hidden from view in a way until now (sorry!)
This might have already been covered, but a forum member's profile page should be their "Insiders" page. I know I have complained before, but the two 'memberships' is confusing and obstructs fluency.

If I click on Rach's or Scouser's name I should see their full Insider page/journals etc.

The order of march should be:

1. a new user of SJ.com that chooses to register should first create an Insider profile
2. the Insider profile carries with it automatic forum login.

So the primary interaction with SJ would be via the Insiders area and the forum is just one of the attached services available to registered Insiders.

;\) And don't say "good idea but can't be done". Sir Edmund Hilliary didn't say can't, nor did that poofy looking young hobit that carried the ring for 3 episodes.
 Quote:
And don't say "good idea but can't be done".
Well if we we're not allowed to use that explanation....
\:\(

We're just about ready with the new system, and plan on bringing it online over the weekend (when there are relatively fewer people using the site than on a weekday).

We're really keen to get it all up there as well!

We've actually been making some changes to the Members pages as well (and we keep on adding new things to our own specs to make it better.)

All this means that it might take an extra few days before we can put it all live. \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

I've just given the go-ahead to make the switchover and put this online. We'll be doing that from this afternoon.

It might take a while (and during the switchover you might encounter problems in the Members page / Journal sections. There might also be some 'issues' when it is all live as we need to check all the systems, etc)

We will post here as soon as the new system is usable, hopefully by the end of today. (Emphasis on the word 'hopefully') \:\)