Well this weekend was something a little different. Instead of the regular ski me and the big guy decided to go for a skin up to Asari Daki. I wanted to test out the Cobra free upgrade I recently had installed. Vince wanted to try a small skin after a good bit of cross country this winter. The Cobra free upgrade allows my old Cobra bindings to pivot at he toe much in the way an AT binding works in touring mode.

The basic plan of atack was to catch the gondola up to the top of Kiroro. Then roughly follow the cat tracks that run between Kiroro and Kokusai till we get to the top of Asari Daki. The skin up basically runs up a really wide ridge to a saddle and then turns left up to the summit. A really enjoyable skin up with some really nice views along the way. Well needles to say we were not out to set the world on fire. We just kept a slow pace up till the top. Up top we grabbed some lunch PBJ's yummy. Then headed back and did a few runs back in the resort before heading home.

The Cobra frees worked really nicely. I did not get any snow build up underneath and were real improvement in touring with the regular Cobras. Wish they had a little more forward pivot. But other than that they worked great.

Vince on the way up

quattro_9.JPG

Getting ready to start up

quattro_10.JPG

Just above the gondola

quattro_11.JPG

doesn't matter how low angle it was. I think it's awesome to expose a 6 year old to that kind of 'work' for those kind of turns.

when I was 6 I was arguing with my parents about why I couldn't bring my sled to the ski resort.

Good job!

Slow, there is a "Supershuttle" snowcat that just started running this season from Kokusai to Kiroro for Y5000 including a 3-hour Kiroro lift tickets. The cat-tracks quattro mentioned are probably from that.

Quote:
....and whats on that sarnie?
Peanut Butter and strawberry jam a personal favorite.

Had to Google sarnie?

He's chomping at the bit to get up again