With all this new snow the slopes seem to have been getting, are the slopes crowded now? Friend was up at Ishiuchi yesterday and he said it wasn't busy at all, which was surprising considering the conditions and it being a Saturday and all.... maybe people not taking advantage of the new found good conditions.

I might take a few days off this week and re-start my season.

\:\)

Yep I was in Minakami and Naeba yesterday and today with loads of fresh snow. Was still snowing in the afternoon,more snow tomorrow too and the end of the week for the higher elevations.

Was in Kagura the whole day yesterday and the place looked far more wintry than last month. It was pretty cold in the wind on exposed lifts towards the end of the day.

Loads of powder - my only complaint being that Kagura Gondola Station restaurant ran out of hot drinks almost completely - and their 350-yen coffee is NOT recommended...

Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
Goryu was CRAZY packed. 47 was busy, but not bad...no lift lines longer than just a minute or so....
you were in Goryu today? i was Goryu yesterday - it wasnt that jam-packed (maybe since it was a Saturday) - however, it ws just too icy for comfort...

today, i hit Happo-One again... though quite cold at the top, the snow just okay for carving (especially with not much people around)...

Just had a week off and did a few non snow visits to friends, had a relaxing time.

I think my season is over. Got myself a bad cold right now it seems and not feeling very energetic, then early April things get a bit busy at work. If things are looking good I might get out in mid April I suppose but not sure I'll have the motivation by then.

Quote:
Originally posted by WantToSki:
 Quote:
Originally posted by SirJibAlot:
Goryu was CRAZY packed. 47 was busy, but not bad...no lift lines longer than just a minute or so....
you were in Goryu today? i was Goryu yesterday - it wasnt that jam-packed (maybe since it was a Saturday) - however, it ws just too icy for comfort...

today, i hit Happo-One again... though quite cold at the top, the snow just okay for carving (especially with not much people around)...
Yea it was crowded on Saturday - did one run down and then headed back over to 47. Pics below

Crowded
SirJibAlot_58.JPG

Some kinky sh&t happening over at Goryu...Godzilla mounting Poo-chan
SirJibAlot_59.JPG

A bit foggy up top
SirJibAlot_61.JPG

Good coverage all across the mountain
SirJibAlot_57.JPG

Check this guy rocking the banana costume...I had to get a pic with him
SirJibAlot_60.JPG