Check these photos if you plan on going Niigata this weekend

Hi folks, I've lurked a while but took the plunge today. Just came back from the Yuzawa area of Niigata after a few days. Happily I was meeting a friend up there so it wasn't just for the skiing.

I just wanted to post these pics taken today that I took to let people know what things are like. Conditions up there really are bad at the moment on lower runs, and I just wanted to show people as if you go up expecting February conditions you will be shocked. I'm not a snow snob at all but as you can see some of the places are looking pretty sad. I feel sorry for the resorts as it's obviously not their fault (so I didn't link the photos up to the resorts don't want to spoil it all for them!)

I hear Kagura is ok still, so if I was planning on being in the area that is the only place I would even condisder right now.

\:\(

JOETSU KOKUSAI

miles-t_1.JPG

ISHIUCHI MARUYAMA

miles-t_3.JPG

miles-t_4.JPG

miles-t_5.JPG

miles-t_6.JPG

miles-t_7.JPG

Anyway good to be logged in at last wave.gif

SJ4 - thanks, just read it. Let's hope it does snow. It's sad to see places looking like that.

me jane - congrats on the baby! I have been reading (and looking forward to the birth story lol.gif )

Yeah, like I said I didn't post those to moan or anything, just wanted to let people know what to expect. \:\)

Yes and no, I went to Gunma and it was the worst experience in my life, just a sheet of ice as hard as an ice skating ring(I saw plenty of children crying) but in Nigatta it was perfect, as you can see from one of my pics of Kagura. From the worst to the absolute best.

As mentioned, Kagura and hopefully Naeba should be fine. Probably a two meter base on the top half. Just be sure to hit it when the lifts are all running coz you can't get much vertical total if you have to hike it.