hey guys and girls, only 9 days to we arrive in Japan for our 1st time. we will be up at shiga kogen on the night/evening of the 7th feb till the 10th feb. is anyone else going to be there at the same time? also is it easy to get a trip from shiga to the snowmokeys and back in half a day?

thanks

modaddie \:D

The snowmonkeys are really close to Shiga so you'll have no problem seeing them in a half day. They're prolly 45-60mins from Yokoteyama. Went for the first time myself this year with Bushpig and we had a blast! If you can time it to go when it's snowing it might be nicer - or at least after a good dump.

Enjoy!

Also, don't leave it too late in the day! The walk up there isn't too bad, but if it is cold then the shuttle bus from the station (??) would be a nicer way to go thumbsup.gif Leave it too late in the day and the shuttle stops, and the valley falls into shadow making it harder to get good pics.

aah the reason for not spending the whole 3days boarding is because i have only ever been snowboarding twice and it was 5 years ago, and my mate that is coming with me has never been. so i kinda didnt want to spend half a holiday doing something he might not like or be good at \:\( . been so long since i been i might need to do the learners course again \:\) if you are up there when we are it should be funny to watch 2x aussie total novice boarders cartwheeling down the mountain .....

modaddie \:\) \:D