Today as well? Wow. It hardly feels windy at all today.

They will probably have to make some changes for next season. I don't think it is the gondola that is the problem as such - it's just that if the gondola has to stop because of winds then there are lots of people stuck up there.

Perhaps they will be considering making some sort of course down the mountain or something. (I think they did anyway at the beginning).

Most of their advertising is within the JR family I believe, so they might get a discout ;\) I think their advertisiting is also very targeted/concentrated to central Tokyo. Maybe wrong there of course.

It will be difficult I would imagine to have a course down from there that beginners could use.

• 3 weeks later...

i see Gala are now announcing whether they will be open or not each morning at 6am - must be very frustrating for them. Closed today. Sounds like they are having a nightmare season, I wonder what their numbers are like.

I bet they are hurting. I spoke to some colleagues who were under the impression the place was closed for the season. When I mentioned the way they are announcing their status every morning, they just shrugged. You're not going to get as many people going if you can only let them know if you are opening or not on the day.