Not prefect but here is a before and after. I learned alot while painting and I would do a few things different the next time. Im pleased that they came out 80% and look 500times better than before. Ocean your design was simple and easy thanks.

blpic26638.jpg blpic26637.jpg

blpic30982.jpg

you are wrong, they look 19,000 times better than before (man, they were ugly!)

Good job, I think they look great. But take care, I own a very good brand of shoes that only have two stripes and they have been mocked by at least two badly dressed people for being "imitation" Adidas. I think you will be safe though as the stripes are different widths.

did you geta good whiff of the paint fumes? Good stuff?

I like the blue color best - it seems to have some variations in color that's nice. Plus it's the shade of blue I really like. But they both look good. Good job. What type of paint did you use and how long did it take?

I was thinking of painting something crazy on my new skis, but I think I'll wait to see how much I like skiing on the first.

the lines 2 different sizes of masking tape.

base color 2 coats of white and then one coat of blue and red. Couldve gone 2 coats but paint is pricy. clear coat to finish it up.

also sanded alot.

also tape over the binding holes

Yak I didnt even think about that. I think it works out ok? Now that I think about it there is a left and right ski. Too be honest I made many first time mistakes but nothing that is too bad. the bases were covered well with tape and paper.

Ocean green in the next in the mix but I didnt like the green that they had. The reason it looks cloudy is that it could use another cost of paint to be a deep blue. I really couldnt be bothered adding more paint it costs too much. Thank god the skis were so cheap.

Sunrise the blue ones are coming to the clinic and also going to hokkaido for you.

Nice skis Fatty. I hope you won't mind me standing on them in the lift queue. Telleboy always does my edges really sharp.

The stripes look better close to edge like on the red one.

Having any joy on the ab trainer?

Tsugaike's website says one top run is supposedly open today. Two days left for the budget season pass there if you're interested.

A couple of runs at Happo also look borderline in the photos. A run with similar coverage (and much worse snow quality) would stay open if it were late season. You tend to get inertia with both opening and closing.

Anyway, there'll be at least something for your students Fatty. You won't have to teach them ski painting.

I'll mail you my info.

They look good fattwins, you could get a little sideline going, painting people skiis.

Free publicity -you're out the on the slopes, some dude sees them and "cool skiis bro what are they?", " well funny you should ask... ;\)